Misanthrope
Anthemon
The Old Dead Tree
Supuration (SUP)
Carcariass
Your Shapeless Beauty
Anorexia Nervosa

Goober said:
is there such thing as japanese death metal?

Intestinal Baalism?

Illnath said:
The Danish metal scene is even worse though...we have al most no good bands :mad:

Really? I remember there being some excellent bands coming from Denmark. I mean hell, Illdisposed anyone? There's also Panzerchrist, Manticora, Autumn Leaves (RIP), Beyond Twilight, etc. And of course you've got old school stuff like Mercyful Fate and Invocator too. I got the Arcane Order promo from last year too and it was pretty interesting.

Ragnaviper said:
Intestinal Baalism?

Really? I remember there being some excellent bands coming from Denmark. I mean hell, Illdisposed anyone? There's also Panzerchrist, Manticora, Autumn Leaves (RIP), Beyond Twilight, etc. And of course you've got old school stuff like Mercyful Fate and Invocator too. I got the Arcane Order promo from last year too and it was pretty interesting.

holy shit, youre maybe the only person ive ever seen name drop "autumn leaves" before. what a phenominal album their first one was. nobody was doing that at the time...definitely good stuff. their 2nd release was definitely nowhere near the first.

NineFeetUnderground said:
holy shit, youre maybe the only person ive ever seen name drop "autumn leaves" before. what a phenominal album their first one was. nobody was doing that at the time...definitely good stuff. their 2nd release was definitely nowhere near the first.

Yessir, the first album is probably one of the best death metal albums I've ever heard, right up there with Nespithe and Changes. I liked the second album too, mainly for the lead work (such as on "Another Day, Another Demon"), but the first album floors it.
Great band though, one of my favorites. Totally fucking underrated too. Quite a shame they broke up.

Ragnaviper said:
Yessir, the first album is probably one of the best death metal albums I've ever heard, right up there with Nespithe and Changes. I liked the second album too, mainly for the lead work (such as on "Another Day, Another Demon"), but the first album floors it.
Great band though, one of my favorites. Totally fucking underrated too. Quite a shame they broke up.

yea, definitely. the only other death metal band who did something quite like that was Resurrection. they only had one album in the early 90s, very overlooked as well (or unheard for that matter). are you familiar?

yea, definitely. the only other death metal band who did something quite like that was Resurrection. they only had one album in the early 90s, very overlooked as well (or unheard for that matter). are you familiar?

You're speaking of the one that released Embalmed Existence right? I've heard of it, though I've never actually heard it. I'll keep an eye out for it though. Thanks for the rec

Ragnaviper said:
You're speaking of the one that released Embalmed Existence right? I've heard of it, though I've never actually heard it. I'll keep an eye out for it though. Thanks for the rec

indeed. yea, definitely worthwhile. overlooked gem quality the same as embraced by the absolute by autumn leaves.

i listened to autumn leaves a long time ago....

and they did nothing for me...i quickly deleted them from my playlist.

but then, i got the reccomendation as i was going through my indie phase...so yeah...

Risquit said:
^
Good examples? Samples? Myspace pages?

Infernal Revulsion
Infected Malignity
Disconformity
Vomit Remnants
Defiled
Unholy Grave
Catasexual Urge Motivation

...and quite a few more, but for samples or websites, hell I don't know (well, I know at least 3 of those bands have official sites) but as I said, they're kinda lousy at self-promotion. There's lots of good sludge/doom/noise-rock here too like Boris, Church Of Misery, Corrupted, Melt Banana, Keiji Haino, etc.

Necromantic-Hiko said:
i listened to autumn leaves a long time ago....

and they did nothing for me...i quickly deleted them from my playlist.

but then, i got the reccomendation as i was going through my indie phase...so yeah...

well i dont think theres anything to discuss is there? i wouldnt be listening to garage polka if i was going through a nu-metal phase would i?