France does'nt have any good metal bands

Someone probably mentioned these guys already, but check out Gojira.

Some great music there, and very tight live. There's an awesome video from their DVD on their website somewhere.

Satyros said:
paris is nice.... but toluse is nightmer
i almost get killed ther by fucking arabs|:

Please don't make comments like that. I can talk to you about the conflict between Israel and Palestine for as long as you'd like and I promise you I'll leave a sour taste in your mouth about the Israeli military and what some of your people have done to Arabs.

NineFeetUnderground said:
if by "progressive" and "experimental" you mean a cheap knock off of symphony X....then sure. who are also crap btw.
Adagio is far from a Symphony X knockoff, they have a way darker aspect than SX. Go listen to Underworld and tell me that they still suck.

NineFeetUnderground said:
if by "progressive" and "experimental" you mean a cheap knock off of symphony X....then sure. who are also crap btw.

No, Adagio are great.

I'm going to recommend Crystalium, excellent French Black Metal group.

What about Loudblast? Listen to their Sublime Dementia album! It kicks ass! If you are into industrial metal, check out Division Alpha. Gojira's latest album, From Mars to Sirius, is also something you might want to check out.
To those who named Quo Vadis and Cryptopsy, they are from Quebec, Canada (yes, the province is french in it's majority).

Cheers!