FREE BEER!!!!

metal71

Jul 19, 2002
Las Vegas
www.lasvegasmetal.com
OK, just wanted to make sure you saw this, I don't really have free beer. And besides, even if I did, I'd drink it myself.

That said, you've answered my call on the American power metal thread, and gave up a lot of good names for myself and others to check out on the domestic scene. Familiar with most of them, but now I have a good CD wish list for a couple dozen others....

So - how about some favorite German power metal acts? Since many of us seem to agree Germany has been at least a major contributor to the genre, if not the 'originator'. (Please no hyper-philosophic diatribes on the origins of blah blah blah..... Just share with the readers your cool band list, and maybe we can all discover some new music for our collections. Cool, BP? Thanks!)

I'll start with my favorites:
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Running Wild
Primal Fear
Masterplan

Honorable mention:
Rage
Iron Savior
Grave Digger
Doro
:headbang:

metal71 said:
OK, just wanted to make sure you saw this, I don't really have free beer.

danm and i turn 21 the weekend right after progpower...gess i will have to find another rought to get drunk then

Edguy comes to mind.

edit = And so does Blind Guardian, Brainstorm, Angel Dust, Accept, Axel Rudi Pell, Axxis, Black Abyss, Freedom Call, Galloglass, Iron Savior, Majesty, Metallium, Mob Rules, Nostradameus, Paragon, Primal Fear, Sacred Steel, Stormwitch, Stormwarrior, Wizard...

Phew, quite a bunch of them =)

I dig those bands. Cool that you know Paragon and Stormwarrior. I met the Paragon guys at Wacken, pretty cool bunch. Edguy were KILLER at PP3... Haven't heard Axxis and Black Abyss yet, so if I check them out and they SUCK, you owe me a FREE BEER! (See thread title.)

Scanner, Heaven's Gate, and Iron Savior are my favorites. Scanner and Heaven's Gate, because of their originality within the genre, and Iron Savior, just because they kick ass.

metal71 said:
I dig those bands. Cool that you know Paragon and Stormwarrior. I met the Paragon guys at Wacken, pretty cool bunch. Edguy were KILLER at PP3... Haven't heard Axxis and Black Abyss yet, so if I check them out and they SUCK, you owe me a FREE BEER! (See thread title.)

You got it, brother! :)

Galloglass - PRIMO band
Lanfear- What can i say
Scanner - Awesome
Edguy - Need i say more
Freedom Call - Again what do i say
Storwarrior- Awesome
Paragon - WOOOOOOHOOOOO
Brainstorm - WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO again
Iron Savior - Just Because they kick ASS
Gamma Ray - Kai Hansen
Masterplan - German and Norweign But damn what a sound
Helloween - again Just beacuse

metal71 said:
OK, just wanted to make sure you saw this, I don't really have free beer

God dammit!!!!! :yell: :cry:

anyhow, my favorites

Running Wild (for obvious reasons here... :D )
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Sinner
Lanfear
Masterplan
Rage
Iron Savior
Grave Digger
Mob Rules
U.D.O.
Scanner

but let us not forget the brilliant german thrash scene!!!

Kreator
Risk
Destruction
Warhead
Atrocity
TANKARD!!!!

\m/
Dustin

My votes for 'originators' definately go to GammaRay, Blind Guardian, Rage, Grave Digger, and Helloween.

Significant contributions: Wizard, Doro, Masterplan, and Running Wild.

Very Honorable Mention: Symphorce, Angel Dust, Brainstorm, Axel Rudi Pell, Edguy, Vanden Plas, Axel Rudi Pell, Freedom Call, Metalium, Iron Savior, and Mob Rules.

~Tammy Z~

Most all have been listed before but it doesn't hurt to say it again!

SYMPHORCE
BRAINSTORM
FREEDOM CALL
EDGUY
MASTERPLAN

soooo looking forward to seeing the Symphorce guys at their U.S. debut ProgPower VI!!! :hotjump: