Free for a reason!

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
So... post here any CD you ever got for free or dirt cheap that LOOKED like it would be good, or you heard from word of mouth would be good, but ended up being filthy shit.

Lyrassislifeform
free. the cover was a bunch of flames and a metal-looking logo but it ended up being a local 'rap artist'. You can tell it was made with Fruity Loops and a computer microphone. The scary part? There was actually a REAL label that released it.

Beherit / Archgoat (Messe De Morts / Angelcunt) Dual Release
I'd heard the names many times before... And risking any flames I may get, this was by far the worst "metal" of any kind I have ever heard - and I've listened to Distorted Mind (kidding, only kidding). This stuff all sounded like it was recorded via computer mic into Soundforge using only the Soundforge distortion effects. I've played this CD for everyone I know, and all of us now laugh at it.

I have many more (if you buy enough CDs at a local used store they give you freebies or $1 cds), but I'd need to dig em out. I'll update in a couple hours.

Alright, here's the rest of my 'haul'

Robert Miles - Children (techno house garbage)
An Emotional Fish - Self Titled (Emo Alt Rock)
Joules - Waterfall Child (girl power sensitive crap . think a really bad tori amos)
Hu H - Self titled (more alt rock crap)
Tar Babeis - Death Trip (cross between rock and disco... its bad)

Various compilations as well that turned out to be 'local talent'.... translation? bands who think because they can play barred chords and sing relatively on key they deserve a recording contract.

Lucky Boys' Confusion: I don't even recall what shitty public event in which I was handed this thing, but it was some sort of pre-emo garbage. I threw it out immediately.

Abominant - Ungodly: I was at their show, and bought another album (which ended up kicking ass, actually!), and the singer gave me this one for free, but somehow there was a burning problem and it didn't work.

Bobaflex - Gigantour Demo: I picked it up off the floor at Gigantour, and in retrospect I should have just left it there.

Hellspawn compilation (techno artists remix death metal songs): A friend just gave it to me. And it just sucked.

Darkthrone - Preparing For War: Same friend gave it to me. Sorry, but the absolute shit quality of their production keeps me at a distance. I just can't get into them.

Hey Lunar man. My friend Shane has a Bobaflex C.D. and to me they are a shitty version of System Of A Down meets Rage Against The Machine. Shane said they're good live, and for some reason they have a following and draw a good crowd when they play the clubs in Lexington, KY. As for me, and I quote Mr. Horse fromThe Ren & StimpyShow, "No sir, I didn't like it."

ZANEX said:
Hey Lunar man. My friend Shane has a Bobaflex C.D. and to me they are a shitty version of System Of A Down meets Rage Against The Machine. Shane said they're good live, and for some reason they have a following and draw a good crowd when they play the clubs in Lexington, KY. As for me, and I quote Mr. Horse fromThe Ren & StimpyShow, "No sir, I didn't like it."

Bobaflex are shit.