Free Ozzfest

The last ozzfest i went too i left after like 2 hours it was just that bad and just vouched i would never go again. I don't even know if i would go if it was free.

Funny Sharron says oh the bands charged more and more money. So ticket prices had to be raised each year . You mean to tell me the Ozzy and Sharron didn't make more money each year hahahahahahaha YEA FUCKING RIGHT!!

:puke: Ozzfest

Well actually bands are charging more and more to tour, you have internet piracy to thank for that.

Yeah, but if you had the money to go on a tour that kickstarted the careers of so many bands, then you would. End of story.

point exactly, i personally dont get involved with the inside politics of things...like hating Sharon or Ozzy ( never met them ) but i work to much and seems the fest always falls on a day i cant go. Like i've loved destruction since they began and never got to see them live...but i be dayumed if they didnt come on the day im outa town.

Well, touring as a minor band costs you.
When we were negotiating for an opening slot with dio some years ago the pricetag was 100 000 bucks for ten gigs, plus backline, transportation, accomondation and so on. Do I have to mention that there were no opening acts in at all in the end...

Same goes for opening for UDO and basically every other tour that we've ever been involved in. The money is supposed to come from the marketing budget set up by the label.

Ive been involved in plenty of tours where we have either bought on to it or had a support buy on. Its good exposure for them and hey the headliner has to pay for the bus somehow

Their sound was also cut off a number of times. She had a bit of an issue with the British Flag, too, if I recall correctly, and called herself 'the real Iron Maiden' somewhere in there.

Jeff

Iron Maiden played here in Dublin in December and if you can have British Flags on you stage setup here without causing a riot, you can have them anywhere IMO.