Though Ozzfest has sucked the past couple years...

Did SYL have to pay for Ozzfest? I remember reading reviews where Devin was said to have been chanting at shows, ''Ozzfest sucks! Hell yeah it fucking sucks!''.

Did SYL have to pay for Ozzfest? I remember reading reviews where Devin was said to have been chanting at shows, ''Ozzfest sucks! Hell yeah it fucking sucks!''.

Devy always talks shit at every show SYL plays, whether it be the promoters, audience, or audience's parents. It's just part of his shtick.

"Have you ever been fucked a dude in the ass and then shot a little poop doodle out of your dink afterwards? I haven't! That's GAY!!"

-the wise words of Devin Townsend

if nevermore gets offered to play and they have to pay 75grand they should flip the coin, cause they can either get big, or get booed offstage by the fags there. If i will be in town i will go and mosh the hell out of the emo kids and boo at the shitty bands

I would hope so, seeing as how they were they only true metal act there. All That Remains is decent though, so they're exempt from my bashing.

Devy was shy as hell when I saw him in 03. He was walked by and I gave him a nod and he got all huddled up and put his head down. maybe he thought i was tryin to score the digits..

in theory people shouldn't be bitching about the lineup this year because its free, but i bet a bunch of whiners will anyways. if they make it close enough, and have at least 1 band worth watching i'll go, even if it is tired, washed up ozzy. this is a win situation for the fans, they may have tons of sponsors and ads, but if you don't buy the merch or pay attention, who cares, sharon may make money but you just get a free show.

I don't think any of you guys are even scratching the surface of what is going on here. You're all so quick to exclaim that it's a money making scheme, but even if the merch prices are ridiculous, it's not like you are required to pay it. You can always just get your free ticket, get trashed hard in the parking lot, go watch the rock show and then go home. A lot of the bands on Ozzfest usually do another tour (sometimes headlining) right afterwards anyways to keep their momentum going. So that's an opportunity to buy merch when it's cheaper.

The thing with huge events like these is that it costs money to put on and nobody wants to spend money they won't get back. People are always so quick to bash Sharon but they never bother to look at this way... if it weren't for her and Ozzfest, these bands that are bigger now wouldn't be where they are now. I mean, who would have ever expected bands like Meshuggah and SYL and Dimmu Borgir to get as big as they have? It probably wouldn't have happened without Ozzfest. And hasn't that always been the goal for metal fans anyways? To have metal be more accessible and accepted by more people? When I was young and into Metallica and Megadeth, I always wanted to hear way more metal on the radio. Now it's happening and I think Ozzfest has played a pivotal role in that.

Bash Ozzfest, Sharon, and the bands all you want, but personally I'm glad it exists, and without it, I bet people would bitch even more than they do now. "Why won't someone put on a big tour with metal bands?!?!"

I will probably edit/add to this post after I'm off work.

Yeah and you will get to the ampetheater or stadium and they will only let the first 5 people in for free maybe ,then they will cahrge everyone elsse to enter.

Ozzfest does sually suck, i wouldnt go even if it was free.