Free SansAmp GT2 VST plug-in (and now SansAmp PSA!)

Thank you for this amazing plugin !
Just did a quick run with it, and it's really cool.

I replaced my B7K reamped "grit" bass track with this PSA sim on a mix I'm working on.
I dialed it really quick, like just a few minutes, but I like what I'm hearing !

Have got some comments, some litlle things that were not that user friendly on first use, if interested ?
I'll write it down tomorrow.
Thank you again for the hard work, hope you'll get well with the contest !
Wow, sounds really cool! Thanks!
Do you mind if I post this sample on my site? I can link yours if you like.
Yes, I'm very interested in comments. Please post here, or via e-mail, I have no preference.

It sounds very close to the Protools version that I love, but obviously has more features, so it's a big win for me.

here's a blind comparison I did with the PT one

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12459294/Sansamp PSA Shootout 01.mp3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12459294/Sansamp PSA Shootout 02.mp3

I actually managed to get them closer after this test, but forgot to export that one haha
Sounds great and very close indeed. I had no chance to compare to the PT one (or even the hardware for that matter) so thanks for posting this!
I think that #2 is my plugin, right?

Same question, can I use your samples to showcase my plugin?

Thank you for the kind words.
Let me check with the band if they're OK ;)

About my comments, it looks like you already fixed everything in v1.0.01 (was using the initial release).
My main complaint was that all the settings where on 0 when opening the plugin, and that global bypass was engaged.
I spent a few minutes turning knobs hearing no difference, then searchin for a "power" or "bypass" button, then found this "enable" switch on the bottom.

So yeah, I believe it will be better to have initial preset with processing ON, at least all amp knobs on middle values, and the output/level knob set roughly at the same level.

Will check the new version, and also the manual !

Last edited:
OK tried it quickly,
Fixed almost everything, except the global bypass that's ON when opening.
Is that on purpose or am I missing something ?
I mean, if I open the plugin, it's obviously because I want to use it, so clicking this "enable" preamp button is like opening the plugin a 2nd time :D

OK tried it quickly,
Fixed almost everything, except the global bypass that's ON when opening.
Is that on purpose or am I missing something ?
I mean, if I open the plugin, it's obviously because I want to use it, so clicking this "enable" preamp button is like opening the plugin a 2nd time :D
Well, I was asked specifically for such behavior and I tend to agree that starting in bypass mode is the safest option - you are guaranteed to not have any spikes or sudden loud sounds when you open a plugin. After hitting enable you are intuitively ready to switch it off quickly if something goes wrong. Other than that a neutral preset should be fine for startup (i.e. no overdrive, unity volume). I might revisit it when I get to release next update.

Wow, sounds really cool! Thanks!
Do you mind if I post this sample on my site? I can link yours if you like.
Yes, I'm very interested in comments. Please post here, or via e-mail, I have no preference.

Sounds great and very close indeed. I had no chance to compare to the PT one (or even the hardware for that matter) so thanks for posting this!
I think that #2 is my plugin, right?

Same question, can I use your samples to showcase my plugin?
Actually #2 is the protools one haha

let me make a dedicated clip for you!

only issue I've found is that if I have more than one instance in a session, the frequency curve thing ONLY works on the first one I loaded.

also, I agree with the above re: being bypassed when loaded, but I can fix this by saving a new default preset in reaper, so it's not an issue for me really

Actually #2 is the protools one haha
You got me! Sound-wise I can't prefer one over the other. My observation was that #1 was delayed for about 256 samples and I am sure my plugin doesn't do that.

let me make a dedicated clip for you!

only issue I've found is that if I have more than one instance in a session, the frequency curve thing ONLY works on the first one I loaded.

also, I agree with the above re: being bypassed when loaded, but I can fix this by saving a new default preset in reaper, so it's not an issue for me really

Good catch, I will look into it ASAP. There must be some leftover static (i.e. shared) variable left from the development stage.

You got me! Sound-wise I can't prefer one over the other. My observation was that #1 was delayed for about 256 samples and I am sure my plugin doesn't do that.

Good catch, I will look into it ASAP. There must be some leftover static (i.e. shared) variable left from the development stage.

haha yeah, I didn't line them up the same... my bad

here's a clip I did using a japanese P bass into your PSA plugin, with a little compression before and after and a small scoop at 200hz

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12459294/SOFTAMP PSA DEMO ROCK SONG2.mp3

Last edited:
Reactions: naash_g
thanks! yeah I wrote/recorded it specifically to showcase the plugin! ;)

unfortunately I can't really get a guitar sound I like from any sansamp haha

Reactions: AXP
Here I threw some riffs into PSA-1 (Rhythm, lead, bass)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3rntn3h8n0xnuk/NeZvers - One-D (Softamp PSA-1).mp3?dl=0
Tried to do honest representation, so no EQ besides LP and HP.
On lead I used reverb and delay from tse50xv2
That's brilliant, thank you very much!
The solo tone is really nice. What guitar did you use?

Do you mind sharing individual tracks privately? I'd like to be able to test different settings (and my other plugins) and your material would be just perfect for that. I wish I could play guitar well ;)

I sent you "PM"

I used Agile 827. Replaced bridge with SD Blackouts-8 (used for rhythm) and neck is stock Cepheus-8 pickup with DIY EMG preamp (Bajaman version) and maybe I have it wired wrong (supposed to go as parallel but I think I wired it as series) but It sounds like I think it should... balling as fuck.