Free SansAmp GT2 VST plug-in (and now SansAmp PSA!)

AXP

Hi,

Here's a free software implementation of the GT2 stompbox for your consideration:

SoftAmp GT
softamp_3od_front.png

It has some cool features like being able to replace op-amps with tubes, or bypass the internal speaker sim to use it with modern cabinet simulators/impulses.

You'll find the full description as well as a sound examples at the project's home page.

The algorithm behind the tube emulation is available as a standalone VST plugin - SoftAmp 3OD, which is a good all-round saturator and is also available for free at the same page.
3od.png

I hope you'll like it and find some good uses for it!

Grab your copy here:
http://www.soft-amp.com/softamp-gt

AXP, thsnk you for this, looking forward to trying it out!!

Deadstar, that sounds really, really good!

~scott

@AXP how does it compare to the real thing? can anybody make any comparisons?

Thanks for replies,

My plugin is based purely on the available GT-2 schematics, i.e. I haven't made any attempts to match it to the real pedal, because I don't have one. I've made its stomp-box clones in the past (the GT2 itself as well as some more gig-friendly preamps based on the same clipping/speakersim stages) and my impression is that this plugin is pretty good at capturing the original character. You are most likely to get different results if you try to A/B it with the real thing placing all pots in exactly similar positions, because of the component value tolerances.

As much as I would like to make a PSA sim myself, I don't have schematics. Same goes for the RBI.

Currently I'm working on my next plugin, which is a Marshall Guv'nor sim with much more sophisticated math model behind it. If you are interested, check back in a month or so.