Friday The 13th

T_man357

Locked & Loaded
Jan 7, 2004
U.S.A.
web.archive.org
I know that many of you don't like my favorite big eyed smiley.....But he really is appropriate in this thread....:yow: :yow:

'Friday' Horror Draws Tarantino

Tue Mar 8, 2:00 AM ET
Entertainment - Reuters

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Quentin Tarantino is considering writing and directing a new installment in the long-running "Friday the 13th" horror film series.

Reuters Photo

Tarantino is in early talks with New Line Cinema, where he is scheduled to meet with executives this week.

The original "Friday," released in 1980 and featuring the hockey-masked killer Jason Voorhees, spawned a series of sequels, including the 2003 hit "Freddy vs. Jason," in which Jason squared off against Freddy Krueger from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" series.

New Line tried to make a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason" involving the "Evil Dead" character Ash, but it couldn't reach a deal with "Dead" rights holder Sam Raimi.

According to those familiar with the discussions, Tarantino is intrigued with the idea of playing with one of the movie's classic horror villains. If the project does develop, it could be the first film Tarantino directs outside Miramax Films.

The filmmaker, whose credits include "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction," recently signed on to direct the season finale of CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

amdf886661.jpg

Meh.

We'll see what happens, but it sounds pretty cool. I don't really get into movies when they get up there in numbers, but if he's directing, I think he could put a cool twist to it or something :)

Supposedly, Bob Weinstein has NOT done such a good job of bringing on the up-and-comers for Miramax(since Tarantino and K. Smith). Other companies have actually emerged for this reason and possibly the Weinstein's are going to concentrate more in this area. Tarantino has some pretty whack endings to his scripts. I'd be interested to see his spin on Friday the 13th.

Horror movies aren't the same as they were in the '80's. Face it.

if they do have a new friday the 13th, the better bring back Kane Hodder as jason. can't have it without him.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
Horror movies aren't the same as they were in the '80's. Face it.

if they do have a new friday the 13th, the better bring back Kane Hodder as jason. can't have it without him.

YES!!!! We talked about it here already I guess. Kane Hodder=the best Mr. Vorhees you could meet!:headbang:

Yeah, I feel the same way....Kane Hodder is top dog in that role!!:yow:

I thought Freddy vs. Jason sucked ass!! For as much as I enjoy the friday series
(even the bad ones like pts.5 & 8) F v. J was the worst!!!! And I don't blame the guy who played Jason...It's not his fault the director had no talent!!!
Ronny Yu should be shot!!!

:yow: :yow:

johnnieCzech said:
YES!!!! We talked about it here already I guess. Kane Hodder=the best Mr. Vorhees you could meet!:headbang: