fridden on skydancer?

lucifer_cbhc

lindbergian
Mar 7, 2003
i heard that Anders Fridden does the vocals on Skydancer? this true? oh man... that'd be ultra-badass.. i love linking bands like that.

Yep he is and doing a lot better job on them than anything for IF... might be that the lyrics are so good.... I think most people would have liked to have Stanne do all of them tho ;)

NP: (The) C/Kovenant - Nexus Polaris - Planetarium

Stanne and Friden sound very similar on Shadow Duet... It would be interesting to hear them play the song with both vocalists' current style.

I agree with the rest of you, Fridén's stuff on that album is pretty interesting. And speaking about linking bands btw; You can link most of the swedish metal bands together, a producer here - a drummer there... Really a distinct smell of inbreeding in the genre... ;)

Anders Friden was Dark Tranquillity's vocalist for Skydancer and Mikeal Stanne was In Flames' Vocalist for Lunar Strain.

And I love that scream too :)

Steve

Miolo said:
friden's good work on skydancer is totally ruined by that intro-scream on nightfall... :heh:

Miolo

Couldn't agree more, if there is one thing I really really hate on that album, it's that fucking intro.... horrible horrible, I don't know how that got thru... :heh:

Stanne on Lunar and Fridden on Skydancer... that's crazed.. must say, I liked Anders' vocals on IF better then Stanne's (on IF), but that may be because the production for Lunar Strain was shit poor.

cool, thanks for the confirmation guys.

Salamurhaaja said:
Couldn't agree more, if there is one thing I really really hate on that album, it's that fucking intro.... horrible horrible, I don't know how that got thru... :heh:

agreed
redface.gif

Yeah...that gets me every time I listen to it. And while I agree that Friden's vocals have gotten a little bit more boring lately (though not bad for the music), I don't think I'd say Skydancer is his best work. As the album progresses, though, it seems to get better. I like Stanne's vocals much better, personally...I think he was awesome even on Skydancer, I've never really dislike anything he's done. It's so great when they both sing, though (like in Shadow Duet). I really wished they would have done that during the Dark Tranquillity / In Flames tour, but didn't happen. Oh well.

Ormir said:
Stanne and Friden sound very similar on Shadow Duet... It would be interesting to hear them play the song with both vocalists' current style.

you mean like a blend of death metal and mallcore vocals? :heh: :tickled: