Skydancer, is it the best album?

Indeed, Skydancer is their best and most inspired. Granted Friden's vocals aren't that good but they do the trick without being overtly annoying or distracting.

Lethe78 said:
Totally. Just like In Flames best cd was the one with Stanne on the mic.

well said lethe.friden is in for the looks.

overall it was a matter of production,cos the moments where stanne growls are comparably awful too.and hell,they were just 18,growling kids

I think Alfred voted in just one... Com'ooooooon vote in the rest two and i'll buy you the kitty you always wanted *flatters eyelashes* :D

Siren (don't beat me! :p)

Skydancer has two of the highest points of Dark Tranquillity's career, those two being Shadow Duet and a Bolt of Blazing Gold. The entire album does kick a lot of ass, but the rest of their albums kick a whole lot more ass.

And there are two moments on Skydancer that make me cringe sligtly. The intro scream on Nightfall by the Shores of Time(of course), and the middle of Through Ebony Archways where anna-Kaisa Avehall hits this one REALLY flat note. I can barely listen to the song sfter hearing that, though it pretty much redeems itself.:p

why is everyone knocking anders fridens vocals i think he is/was an amazing vocalist on all in flames albums except reroute to remain especially on the jester race and colony. Yes stanne is the better vocalist. And i strongly disagree with those who feel lunar strain is in flames best albums IMO the jester race and colony are much better

let me drop the bomb: i think that for the early dt style, as in skydancer, friden was ok. not perfect, and the production was sucky, but he was ok. i'm not sure stanne would have done much better.

rahvin.