Skydancer, is it the best album?

SwallowedInBlack82

New Metal Member
Apr 5, 2003
cgi6.ebay.com
The only one I happen to own is the version of Skydancer with Of Chaos And Eternal Night on it. I haven't heard any of their other albums, except Haven (ok, but not close to as good as Skydancer to me), and was just wondering how their other albums compare? I just can't imagine any of their other ones being as magnificent as Skydancer.

Skydancer is the best album in many of the older fans opinion's but you'll have to listen to all the albums to get an opinion of yourself, but I bet you'll like The Gallery and The Mind's I more, as for myself it changes constantly, my favorite for this week is The Gallery.

They're all fine albums, the ratings are just a result of more or less subjective opinions that all runs back to your own preferences. However, I guess there's no doubt that there's atleast 2 sides of the band material. I'm refering to the socalled 'new' and 'old' sound to the band with Skydancer being a clear fundament to the old sound and perhaps with Haven as the clear contrast...

Lethe78 said:
Totally. Just like In Flames best cd was the one with Stanne on the mic.

Well, I'll disagree with you on that, man.....
I mean, Lunar Strain is a fantastic album, really......
But Anders did some great vocal lines on the others In Flames albums too, he has a good voice, but I think that Stanne's vocals are better....

-Coronerox

fantasia-static1.jpg

ps gallery is best, i said it, im elite... you know

I also listen to the Skydancer/Chaos version and would probably rate it a little higher if it only had a few more versions of "Alone" on it, and I'm only slightly exaggerating because that's a kickin' song. When I listen to the cd I always listen to both versions even though they're only a few tracks apart. Never gets old. It should have a version of "Alone" interspersed between about every 2 or 3 songs. Y'know, Alone-original version, Alone '94, acoustic Alone, live Alone, Alone-Puff Daddy remix version, ect.
Well, maybe not that last one, but it is a great song and one of the few in this world I've found myself involuntarily singing/shrieking along to while driving home from work at 2am. Aside from that, they're a couple other songs on Skydancer/Chaos that I like a lot but most don't stand out much and to me, only hint at things to come on The Gallery.