"Friend" or Friend

Hmmm...I don't have any REAL friends, there's no one who would know everything about me. There's only one person who's close to that. I've never really had a "best friend". Then I have a lot of friends with whom spend most of my time. Weird; I've known one person since my early childhood, we've shared tears and laughed together, and we're still good friends, but she doesn't really know me at all :confused:
I think a true friend is someone you can trust, with whom you can share your feelings, thoughts, opinions etc, someone who listens to you and understands you, someone who's honest and tolerant and someone who accepts you as you are.

It's too hard to classify people. There's only 1 or 2 persons right now that I can have a really flying conversation with, with whom I have these bonds of true understanding, and we're never bored of each other. Then I know a lot of good people with whom I share some personal interests. The thing is that not everyone is ready for an open relationship. Some feel they have to restrain themselves.

D Mullholand

Wow, Lina... i was reading your post, and wondered if i had made the post and forgot... i am the exact same way.

I didn't have many friends as a kid, just friends of friends, and acquaintances. It's pretty hard for me to make friends now, because i get along best with guys, and for some reason they always get the wrong idea or something. i'm not hot or anything, and i don't know why it happens, but they always try to make it something romantic (or at least casual!). haha... boys suck, but i don't get along with many chicks, so i hafta deal with it.

in fact, the only chick i really get along with is lesbian. i'm so messed!! :lol:

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~
Hmmm...I don't have any REAL friends, there's no one who would know everything about me. There's only one person who's close to that. I've never really had a "best friend". Then I have a lot of friends with whom spend most of my time. Weird; I've known one person since my early childhood, we've shared tears and laughed together, and we're still good friends, but she doesn't really know me at all :confused:
I think a true friend is someone you can trust, with whom you can share your feelings, thoughts, opinions etc, someone who listens to you and understands you, someone who's honest and tolerant and someone who accepts you as you are.

This in some way is how I feel. I have one really good friend.
We share a lot of things, but I never tell her EVERYTHING.
If I want to tell her everything I feel like I could trust her in
keeping it all to herself, and she is definitely worthy of
knowing everything about me, but, I want some things to be
kept for myself. I have two other good friends who also know
almost everything about me, and we would "go through fire"
for eachother, but we don't have as much contact as we
used to have... But this does not make me love them less,
if they needed me for something they would only have to
ask once :eek:)

A friend is really precious, but you don't have to tell
everything to that person. Somehow I think that person
actually knows... We can all read between the lines, words
are words, what we _feel_ is more important :eek:)

Then I have some acquaintances, I don't think you can ever
get enough of these. I'm just not very good at making them
because I feel different from everyone else... >:eek:P

Friends are great though, and make life worth living.
But sometimes you still feel all alone.....

Originally posted by Blackspirit

This in some way is how I feel. I have one really good friend.
We share a lot of things, but I never tell her EVERYTHING.
If I want to tell her everything I feel like I could trust her in
keeping it all to herself, and she is definitely worthy of
knowing everything about me, but, I want some things to be
kept for myself. I have two other good friends who also know
almost everything about me, and we would "go through fire"
for eachother, but we don't have as much contact as we
used to have... But this does not make me love them less,
if they needed me for something they would only have to
ask once :eek:)

A friend is really precious, but you don't have to tell
everything to that person. Somehow I think that person
actually knows... We can all read between the lines, words
are words, what we _feel_ is more important :eek:)

Then I have some acquaintances, I don't think you can ever
get enough of these. I'm just not very good at making them
because I feel different from everyone else... >:eek:P

Friends are great though, and make life worth living.
But sometimes you still feel all alone.....

I'm still not sure how to define a TRUE friend. Does the fact that you could tell that person everything the definition of a friend? Or can a friend just be someone that makes you feel good inside regardless of how many of those deep dark secrets you share? I tend to believe the latter - it's the "connection" with the other person that defines a "friend" to me - that seperates them from acquantances.

I don't think anyone would tell one person everything - there would be certain characteristics about a person that could prevent you from telling that person something - because you perceive that person as not having the ability to understand that one particular point. That's why look for the "inside" feelings as to who my true friends are (not many fit this category - oh well)

Originally posted by metalmancpa
it's the "connection" with the other person that defines a "friend" to me - that seperates them from acquantances.

Exactly! The connection between two people is unique,
and the feeling you get from just being with that person
is enough. None of my best friends share the same
taste in music as me, or like the same things, but the
respect that we have for oneanother is what matters.

We can make fun of oneanother and noone gets hurt,
we tell some inner secrets, but not all of them, and
noone cares that we don't share everything. The most
important thing is that we're there for oneanother :eek:)

I've noticed since I finished college and went back home where I grew up, that the people you think are your friends really aren't. I guess people change when you don't have contact with them for a while, and things aren't the same as before. I think I only have one good true friend. We can talk about anything or not say anything, just listening to music and we are having a good time. A friend is a truly rare thing indeed. There are few people that will do anything to help someone out.
And yes people do confuse friends with acquaintances. You might know the person for 15 years and realize they are only an acquaintance.

I have some friends, but i don't think i can talk personal stuff with
them. Of course i can, but it doesn't feel right, so i avoid that.
I don't want them to feel that i am a pain in the ass or something.

But i have two friends i can speak feelings and personal stuff with.
Both i have met on the net, though i have never met them in real life yet, unfortunately, but i speak with them on the phone alot.
But those humans are so great, they are always open to help you
and talk with you about everything. When you are sad, happy and so on...
These 2 people are always helping and listening to me.
That's what i call a friend! I am sooo grateful!

:)

i got two FRIENDS who are my life and my joy with whom i share most of my time (since about four/five years now and still getting better) who understand me as i understand them who FUCKIN ACCEPT ME the way i am as i do the other way round...
i'd say a true friend is someone you are in love with but happens to be of your gender (me being VERY heterosexual). the problem with this theory is that it would mean you cannot be friends with someone of the opposite gender, which i really see so. even if you let away the fucked up "one-side-suddenly-wants-more-than-a-friendship"-stuff it never took too long in my life. must be my ugliness :tickled:

err, let tom waits speak:
champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends

@zeanra: *hughug*

i think if i add all the good parts of all my friend then ive got some really good friends, but as they are most are missing some qualities, or we just havent become good friends. But i most certainly am friends with people that i love and respect, but the people who know me best on the inside are people who talk to me over internet, but then they don't really know what im like to be around, so yeh overall its good.

I've decided that I hate most of the girls I know. They're all vindictive, manipulative bitches. I get along with guys much better.

I think I have about 4 friends including my brother. I think that
me and my brother can do just abuot anything and always get
along, untill we've been around each other for 14 years. But a friend
to my is someone that usually share the same interest and you
just connect with them in some why, even if it's just the why that
you think about things or what you like to watch on tv.

It weird most of my friend are white only because it seems like
they don't alway want to talk about "yo mama" and "yo Mtv Rap"
or what ever the cool thing is at that time, and most of the time
they don't care what kinda clothes your wearing. I know I don't
have any FUBU or Karal Kani. But a friend will just feel right even
if you don't share your most deepest dark secret with them or anyt
secrets at all. I know that none of my friend know everything about
me and neither does my brother.

I find it good to get acquantances because if you have a lot of them
than your more likely to find a good friend and eveyone know how
hard that can be :rolleyes: .

Well I've said my 2 cent worth hope you enjoyed it if not who cares

until next time on the wild wild opethian thread!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jayde
I've decided that I hate most of the girls I know. They're all vindictive, manipulative bitches. I get along with guys much better.

Yeah I've figured out that that's why guys don't understand girls.
Because there always trying to do some kinda scym and guys are usually pretty
much straight forward. Well sorry for wasting your time
talk to you later

Me…

Originally posted by Jayde

hehe. most of the girls i knew decided to hate me now. they're ALL vindictive, manipulative bitches. i get along with guys MUCH better, me being VERY heterosexual.

there may be some irony in it but i am not too sure about that...

Originally posted by Opth_001

Yeah I've figured out that that's why guys don't understand girls.
Because there always trying to do some kinda scym and guys are usually pretty
much straight forward. Well sorry for wasting your time
talk to you later

Me…

Wasting whose time? I like reading you posts!

Originally posted by terria
für dich doch immer. hab da noch ein paar von...:lol:
du bist nicht allein. einsam vielleicht. aber nicht allein.

*über-zeanras-kopf-streichel-und-ganz-feste-in-den-arm-nehm*
:eek: ::blushes:: :D :) :D

:)