FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN BANDS AND THE FANS

Jun 10, 2005
Over 18 years in metal music I get more and more disapointed by some band members.
I'm not talking about the music,it's about personality.In the beginning every band
plea for attention and when they finally get that,they get more arogant and
egoistic.Well I gues it's all about the business.
Some bands won't even approve myspace comment if there is some complain so when you look to their profile it's like you're looking in girl's diary(woooow you're awesome,etc.)and most of them never answered if you wrote how much you appreciate their music,but if you wrote something which they don't like,they'll for sure contact you then.Or if you are half naked slut,they will contact you fast as possible and apologize.

Let's get one thing straight;I'm not mp3 generation,I still buy cd's and support bands which I like even if the show is 800km away so in return at least I deserve to be treated like a person,so we can talk and get some pictures.I was quite disapointed with some band members of Iron Maiden(heros from my childhood days).For some of them it's hard to take a picture with a fan,like his crown will fall from his head if he do that.
Bands must know one thing,they need US,we don't need them 'cause the fans are the blood of the band.Some said there is too much of us so they can't talk to each and every one of us etc.,but that's kind of a job also!Then they can get up in 6 AM every morning and go to work for 8 hours per day.They want both;live from the fans but not even talk to them.On dvd's and in press most of them pretends how much they love their fans but in reality it's something different.Of course,there are many great people out there,especially bands which are not superstars.
I'll continue to buy cd's and go to the shows 'cause I will always support what I truly like,but I don't wanna even talk or anything to band members anymore 'cause I do not want to crush my dreams.
I wrote nothing new but it's a sad thing how everything today is about the money.

Huge fan of metal MUSIC.

So, the conclusion is that Evergrey stand out and actually care about their fans, or you just want to take the piss of rock 'n roll stars in general?

Eg is not that kind of band that does not care for their fans. They are the greatest! But if you have seen the nightwish dvd the end of an era, you see what they have to deal with every day. not a single moment of peace, fans wants a piece of them and pictures and autographs everywhere they go. they prefer to sit in their hotel room rather than going anywhere. in places like brasil and chile, people nearly let them in to their transport car. imagine iron maiden with a gazillion fans... they cant let everybody take a pic with them.

I agree completey. Evergrey are great personally. I met them 2 times in Italy, both in evergrey concert and in a summer festival. I really appreciate their way: they spend time with fans! :worship:

Eg is not that kind of band that does not care for their fans. They are the greatest! But if you have seen the nightwish dvd the end of an era, you see what they have to deal with every day. not a single moment of peace, fans wants a piece of them and pictures and autographs everywhere they go. they prefer to sit in their hotel room rather than going anywhere. in places like brasil and chile, people nearly let them in to their transport car. imagine iron maiden with a gazillion fans... they cant let everybody take a pic with them.

Same opinion as you mate...
Something hard to deal with...

The guys from Maiden can tell about it! o_O

I agree completey. Evergrey are great personally. I met them 2 times in Italy, both in evergrey concert and in a summer festival. I really appreciate their way: they spend time with fans! :worship:

Hey galtared,
What's up man?

Let's see when they get huge... hehe
And I'm sure they will! :headbang:

Torn will help to achieve that...

I just came back from the gig in Warsaw, I've also been to the afterparty.

The Evergrey guys are GREAT. And such jokers :p I've talked to all of them and I gotta say that Jari is a great addition to the band, since he's a total monster on his instrument and is also a great guy, talked to everyone, took pictures [basically, like all of the guys].

And it's got to be pointed out: Tom, Jari, Henrik, Rikard and Jonas are all great guys. And what is really important the REALLY LISTEN to what you say, they don't just nod while signing autographs.

They've really grown imagewise in my eyes.

They have always been like that, I think they are one of very few who still got that connection with their fans! So all honor and credit to the guys!:headbang:

Also, Rikard told me that they will kick Tom out of the band for the next record, and the next album will be just keyboard solos and drums :p

I've met Evergrey, so yeah I agree they are very cool guys. But you have to realise, it's not easy to go on tour, play every night for a month or few, and then have time to chat or take picture with EVERY fan who want's it to.. of course there are some arrogant people but I've met many bands, and most of them were very very cool.

Evergrey were in my town last year. And we were such few people (unfortunately), but they still found the time to talk to us in the dead of the night, and gave autographs and even let us take photos with them etc. Especially Rik was awesome (yes, i keep bringing that up all the time :) ). He was among us all through the former acts. I went to him, shook his hand, and said something stupid (we all do that :) ) and he was so sweet and i believe all band members were very good natured. But we gotta understand that, these people are also human, just like us. They also get bad news and their moods can change. And don't get me started on the sleep deprivation problem, which all bands face while on the road. Have you ever experienced that ? Trust me, even the smallest thing can get your fury out if you didn't get your sleep well. Bands should be cool, but fans should also be understanding :)

And Evergrey are cool, even though i didn't like the last album :)

when they came down to australia when i saw them in sydney they stayed behind and signed every autograph and even said ppl could stay and even have a beer with the boys.i reckon they pay alot of attention to their fans the way it should be...

Stay grey!!!

What is this bullshit you are talking about???????
Also, Rikard told me that they will kick Tom out of the band for the next record, and the next album will be just keyboard solos and drums :p

Saw Evergrey years ago with Arch Enemy, hATE Eternal and Black Dahlia Murder. After They were done playing Tom was sitting at the bar drinking with a hockey Jersey on and people were going up to him, he seemed really cool...What a tall fucking dude. I think Recreation Day just came out....Come back to the USA already dammit!