"From Mars To Sirius"

I've heard people say 'anything that isn't gojira is overproduced crap'. That makes my rage meter go up instantly, as I hate the whole notion of something being 'overproduced' but I think it's really honest to say that there haven't been so many 'raw' albums in the genre lately.

One of my favorite productions, it's like they didn't give a fuck about what sounded nice at all and just went for what complimented the music the best. More bands should follow suit.

I think the tone is all in the 5150, with the right settings I think it's kinda easy to ballpark it. Getting it EXACTLY might be quite tricky though, but it always is.

I always thought of The Link as "the tape" album, with its slappier drums and tight sound while Mars has this more mid rangey, tube thing going on. I feel they really pushed it, most likely at all stages, through lots of tube circuitry and then some to get it edgy, sort of harsh sounding. To me it just has that gravel tubey tone.

People are very divided on the sound of this album, people either think it really has a very unique production (in a good way) or they think it's ear piercing. However, mind boggles: how does one produce a tone like this?
It's really beyond me, the rig is apparently a custom jackson soloist into some 5150 into some cab (some say it's a recto cab, some say it's peavey's, some it's marshall 1960). Guitar seems to be ALL OVER THE PLACE, yet we can hear the rest just fine.

People are very divided on the sound of this album, people either think it really has a very unique production (in a good way) or they think it's ear piercing. However, mind boggles: how does one produce a tone like this?

Hey well i saw the live on this album tour they where rumnimg mesa i think dual recto but not sure maybe a triple. Rec
Any way i been trying for years now different set ups amd analizing the albums tone
One thing im particular its each guitar its panned to one side the same guitar in the oppocite side has only th mids and hight i guess acts as a room mic but with a low cut and viseversa with the otger guitar
The closest i got to it its a 6505 with a vintage 30 with a sm57 by the bubble and an audio technica hd650 on the edge.
On one guitar all settings at noon the other one lows 9 mids 2 highs 9 with a little more precence the resonance at 8 precence around 8 also its very touchy on that amp
Most of the balls actually come from the bass wich its an ampeg amp with 10 inch speakers recorded with a cheap ibanes tube screamer tge gray plastic ones thats what i saw on a vid tryied it and bingo!
The total its what makes tge magic hapens the oppocite panning of the guitars with the low cut and maybe a little Room reverb on each guitar its the secret i think basicly copy the main guitar track pan the copy to the opocite sid and apply a hpf ( low cut )
Im in tye process to get a g12t75 speaker to test if that is the secret weapon
Tested it with 2 sm57 but nop the hd650 has that 3k bump got me closer
Cheers

Hey well i saw the live on this album tour they where rumnimg mesa i think dual recto but not sure maybe a triple. Rec
Any way i been trying for years now different set ups amd analizing the albums tone
One thing im particular its each guitar its panned to one side the same guitar in the oppocite side has only th mids and hight i guess acts as a room mic but with a low cut and viseversa with the otger guitar
The closest i got to it its a 6505 with a vintage 30 with a sm57 by the bubble and an audio technica hd650 on the edge.
On one guitar all settings at noon the other one lows 9 mids 2 highs 9 with a little more precence the resonance at 8 precence around 8 also its very touchy on that amp
Most of the balls actually come from the bass wich its an ampeg amp with 10 inch speakers recorded with a cheap ibanes tube screamer tge gray plastic ones thats what i saw on a vid tryied it and bingo!
The total its what makes tge magic hapens the oppocite panning of the guitars with the low cut and maybe a little Room reverb on each guitar its the secret i think basicly copy the main guitar track pan the copy to the opocite sid and apply a hpf ( low cut )
Im in tye process to get a g12t75 speaker to test if that is the secret weapon
Tested it with 2 sm57 but nop the hd650 has that 3k bump got me closer
Cheers