From Progpower.......

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Some comments I thought you may be interested in....

"Guys, I was at Progpower and was telling some fans about your band so we
checkout out the site and I played the new MP3 you have and they were blown
away by "Far Away" as was I. You definately got some new fans this weekend.
Would be cool to see you over here next year. When the CD is done send a
copy to Glenn Harveston the promoter of Prog power and we;ll bug him to!"

John Ridge
Underground Zine Scene
http://www.geocities.com/zinescene.geo :cool:

Since Edguy stole the show at ProgPower USA this year - yes, getting a better response than even Blind Guardian, Angra, and Gamma Ray - I'd like to think that PowerQuest would be a fantastic addition to the ProgPower IV roster (and any line up for that matter).

Of course we would be thrilled to play at event such as ProgPower. Karl and the Threshold guys told us that it was an amazing experience for them.

I guess we may have to wait until we have another album or two out though...although I sincerely hope not!

Threshold were great at ProgPower because they're one of the few bands who offer something to both the prog and power crowd.

You can imagine how different the crowds are in reality, especially when the power crowd grew up on Maiden, Priest, and Helloween, and most proggers grew up on Rush, Yes, and Genesis etc.

Edguy stole the show for the simple reason that the choruses were catchy, they got the crowd to sing along, and they got EVERYONE on their feet. Talking about Maiden being timeless, seeing Edguy live was a little like seeing Maiden in the mid-80's. It was good nostalgia to say the least. :D

Yeah that's right Jay! i saw maiden in mid-80's *ahem, don't count my age* and the first time i saw Tobi/Edguy he really reminded me of Bruce in that era! well but it's another thing ;)

as i already saw Angra and Edguy before Atlanta, Threshold and Zero Hour were the most interesting bands for me in PP. i really like Mac's voice and the rythm team was so unique! and Steve's friend Karl's existance put the whole thing into one, (hope i'm making sense) perfectly.

i had an idea that british band=somewhat dark(?) but both of Threshold, and Power Quest are representing the brighter side of British metal to me. hope i can see you show someday in near future!
and i have to say this also

conrats for the wonderful work Power Quest :)

Thanks for the kind words! It would be fantastic if Power Quest can visit Japan and Korea in the future...I guess it all depends on how well the album does out there!

Fingers crossed!

Threshold are cool aren't they? A great bunch of guys and real characters too. Mac and Jon (bass) are very entertaining. They all look like they are having fun which is the main thing!

yeah i hope so!

hehe Jon was so unique! his playing style reminded me ( well i think i'm repeating this phraise ain't i?) of Sting when he was in Police! (again don't count my age!) and the drummer was fun to see!!! :) they are so entertaining along with high technique! so amazing band.

Oh yeah - the drummer from Threshold was AMAZING!! I mean, I normally hate standalone drum solos (not that he did one), but I think I could have just watched him play alone. Would have been cool to see him and Dan Zimmerman on two drum kits....

I wish I could have got the Threshold signatures, but getting sigs at ProgPower was near impossible this year....the crowds, the mayhem, the beer!!!