Thought Chamber Cancel ProgPower USA XV appearance

The current plan is to replace a melodic prog band in the opening slot with a melodic prog band in the opening slot. I plan on keeping the musical balance.

Hang tight.

While TC put out a very strong disc of the year contender for me in 2013, you always seem to pull a rabbit out the hat when this stuff happens. It's a bit of a heart breaker for me, and a pita for you, but the line-up still rules regardless.

It sucks, but I give Ted credit for owning up to it, apologizing publicly,and OWNING UP to it being his conflict (vs. simply "the band's" conflict).

That said, sh*t happens, but I'm seriously bummed that TC is canceling…always good to see Ted perform, and TC kicks @ss. I agree with the others that said to see if Disperse might now be available…loving their latest disc.

Barring that…perhaps Cynthesis? Zero Hour bailed PPUSA out in the past, and Cynthesis (which is essentially Zero Hour back with the original vocalist) has a fairly recent disc that is awesome… Just sayin', Glenn! :) I have no doubt you'll come up with a great replacement, though…you always do!

Craig

I have the perfect replacement. No, really! Subsignal. Sieges Even was a band I always hoped Glenn would get. From the ashes of that band came Subsignal. And they have a couple of Dreamscape members who have played the fest a couple times and went over really well. So they're a really good melodic prog band with a relatively new album, and three overall. And they'll be over here for Rosfest in about a week and a half so they've got visas (don't know how long those are good for). Hey I can hope, right? At least get them for a future PP? Please? :D

I'm thinking either Need or Dynazty, though it'll probably be a domestic band with the same approximate travel costs as TC.

Unforeseen scheduling conflicts five months in advance? Just how in-demand is this guy? Too bad his plate obviously doesn't have a helping of Enchant on it...

Seriously bummed that TC won't be there. I was really looking forward to seeing them.

With that said, I think Need or Dynazty would be great, as would Teramaze.

I guess Ted must have realized how hard it is to be the singer for every prog band. Seriously, how many bands can you think of that he isn't the singer for? :)

Somehow Glenn seems to have a list of back up bands that are even better than the ones originally booked! I'm sure he'll come through for us again.

Guy

I am so disappointed. I know things always come up, but what is TC's best alternative to PPUSA? I mean - - you have to go to something pretty damn important to turn down PPUSA. Is the dude getting married that weekend or something? I'd never marry someone who doesn't let me go to PPUSA.

I am so disappointed. I know things always come up, but what is TC's best alternative to PPUSA? I mean - - you have to go to something pretty damn important to turn down PPUSA. Is the dude getting married that weekend or something? I'd never marry someone who doesn't let me go to PPUSA.

Remember, Ted Leonard is in three other bands as well, and this is probably the least of them as far as popularity.

Personally, I'm majorly bummed about this, but I move on.