From the start.....Powerslave

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
I not a big fan of this album anymore.Having said that i think its one of their best.Aces High,2 minutes,Powerslave and Rhyme of the ancient mariner are great.I also think the set list for this was pretty fucking awesome.My favourite memory was studying Rhyme....... in english and the whole class had to sit and listen to my Maiden tape for 15 odd minutes:lol: :headbang:

YES it was that tour with the mighty Waysted in tow, great gigs, and a great album, but I don't think it's as good as it's predecessors, I think this album got well 'HYPED' as Maiden were on the crest of a wave at this point, still superb though.

I consider "Powerslave" a kind of "ups and downs" album. There are four essencial songs: "Aces high", "2 minutes to midnight", "Powerslave" and "Rime of the ancient mariner". The other four aren´t as good but I love "Back in the village" chorus.

Cover artwork is simply overwhelming and I´m longing for 2008 Iron Maiden "World slavery tour II" just to see (I hope) them playing "Powerslave" and "Rime of the ancient mariner"

8/10 points for me.

if maiden had put the four strongest songs off piece of mind to the four strongest songs from powerslave then you would be looking at another back in black ...as it is i agree with the majority on here .... if only steve harris would stop trying to play introductions to every song a matter of life and death is absolutley piss poor but at least the cd makes an attractive beer mat

I really enjoyed Powerslave when it was first released. Over time I'd say it's my third or fourth favorite Maiden album. Derek Riggs' cover work is unbelievable. Anyone have the LP? If you look closely at the carvings, you'll see a few funny ones like "Indiana Jones was Here".

Aces High, Flash of the Blade, Powerslave and Rime of the Ancient Mariner are outstanding tracks.

I saw this tour, too... but Twisted Sister opened for them in Cleveland. Waysted opened for them for the Somewhere on Tour show... at least in Cleveland.

yeah but I think you might think that because you've listened to the maiden classics so many times so your kinda used to their old stuff, listening to the new cd more could change that I think