FS: Ada MP-1 Mod 3.666

schnarf2

Dec 30, 2006
SOLD! Check out my other gear here

This is a MP-1 which has been modded with mod 3.666. This mod turns the preamp circuit into a replica of the 5150/Rectifier/SLO preamp circuit. It sounds just like the real thing. Huge crunchy distortion sound. It's midi controllable. The solid state clean channel is the same as on a stock MP-1. It's very clean and sounds similar to the JC-120 clean sound. The tube clean is more of a mid-gain channel because of the extra gain the mod adds. It has onboard chorus which sounds awesome, again, I'd compare it to the JC-120. The clean channel also has a compressor setting.

Run it into a good poweramp and you have a Dual Rectifier clone. Run it direct in and use some good impulses, and you've got fantastic direct in tone. Either way, it's got some great sounds, for a really low price. On top of all that, you can save 128 presets and control it with MIDI. It's one rack unit, and has input on the front and back, and stereo outputs, as well as headphone out.

In addition to the 3.666 mod, it's had some modifications to reduce the noise, as well as to replace the battery.

I'm looking to get $200 + shipping from 06878. If you'd like, I'll throw in an extra tube or two. If anybody wants, I'll record some clips.

I've got an ADA MP1 mod 3.666. Its very average sounding and unbelievably bassy and scooped. It sounds pretty powerful in a room with all that bass, but I could not get a decent recorded sound out of it unless I put the midrange back towards 0, which essentially disables the mod.

Overall, I am very disappointed with the result, and no, it sounds nothing like a real rectifier. I had a mid 1990's Triple Rectifier at the time I modded the MP1 back in 2005. The Triple blew it away. No comparison at all, and I didn't even really like the Recto.

I've got an ADA MP1 mod 3.666. Its very average sounding and unbelievably bassy and scooped. It sounds pretty powerful in a room with all that bass, but I could not get a decent recorded sound out of it unless I put the midrange back towards 0, which essentially disables the mod.

Overall, I am very disappointed with the result, and no, it sounds nothing like a real rectifier. I had a mid 1990's Triple Rectifier at the time I modded the MP1 back in 2005. The Triple blew it away. No comparison at all, and I didn't even really like the Recto.
I can't speak for the way yours sounds, but mine has plenty of mids. I generally set the mids around -4, and I'm not somebody who goes for some absurdly scooped rhythm sound. Putting the midrange towards 0 doesn't disable the mod -- the mod is a whole lot more than a modification to the midrange control. It's a big change from the original ADA preamp circuit, if you did the mod, you know this.

I'm planning to post some samples on Saturday, and people can decide for themselves.