FS: Peavey 5150, $630 shipped. Might need a preamp tube/tube swap.

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
Hey guys,

I'm selling my 5150. I will own another one in the future -I just need the cash for other gear right now.

It sounds great, but has the typical sign of a bad preamp tube...a slight high pitched squeal every now and then. It works fine, tone controls work fine, but it might need a tube change. I haven't swapped them since I've owned it.

Part of the top vent has a crack in the side of it. I will take pictures of it when I am home. Unfortunately the previous seller didn't know how to pack an amp, so the vent is cracked a bit. Other than that it was not damaged in the shipping. No broken tubes, none of that. It just lacked some padding on the top.

I will post pictures later, but thought I would get the thread started.

$630 shipped, pay pal'd or postal money order works. I'll ship to the lower 48 con. U.S. I'm located 15 minutes from NYC in NJ, so if anyone is local that works as well.

I ship FedEx ground.

Please PM if interested! Thanks.

-Joe

Pics:

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

-Joe

Hahahaha, my bad Joe - I only said it cuz he said he was out of green anyway, so I figured it didn't matter :D AND, consider it my revenge for you not posting some GODDAMN CLIPS OF THAT 800 YET!!!! :mad: :heh:

Hahahaha, my bad Joe - I only said it cuz he said he was out of green anyway, so I figured it didn't matter :D AND, consider it my revenge for you not posting some GODDAMN CLIPS OF THAT 800 YET!!!! :mad: :heh:

Ahahaha, just joshing you bro.

Don't worry, the head ain't going anywhere. I WILL have some clips up eventually. Just might not be with the oversized.

-Joe

The Tiny Terror seems like a hard amp to track down and I can't pay for brand new gear anymore. If this would have happened even 5 days ago I could have grabbed the 5150. I know as soon as I the combo is physically gone I'll be filled with sickening waves of regret! I can add that to the list of other gear I regret selling: a full stack of old Mesa Traditional cabinets with metal grills (one of them built into a flight case!), a Rivera TBR1-SL, a Vintage Marshall Plexi, and on and on...

The Tiny Terror seems like a hard amp to track down and I can't pay for brand new gear anymore. If this would have happened even 5 days ago I could have grabbed the 5150. I know as soon as I the combo is physically gone I'll be filled with sickening waves of regret! I can add that to the list of other gear I regret selling: a full stack of old Mesa Traditional cabinets with metal grills (one of them built into a flight case!), a Rivera TBR1-SL, a Vintage Marshall Plexi, and on and on...

I know the feeling...trust me!

-Joe