fuck this

Injectionboy

Jan 18, 2008
I can't seem to make the cali treadplate sound more "natural"..I'm looking for a really saturated fat guitar tone ala bring me the horizon, but the guitar tone is too tight and "djenty", anyone good enough with POD tone to help me?

dropbox link (click!)

:yuk:

To be honest this sounds quite good and natural to me. Sounds like the djent factor comes more from the guitar pickup. Can't help you anyways, cause this sounds way better than anything I ever got out of Pod(Farm). Maybe taking out a bit around 4K or use a tapesim or something. Though it sounds like there's already a tapesim or some saturator on it.

It think it sounds pretty good as well but it will always sound like a POD. Even the best of the POD tones (Sturgis) still sound like a POD. Definitely try smoothing out some of those frequencies to give it that "real amp" sound. Seems like they may have slightly more bass in their tone as well? Maybe try lowering the gain and quad tracking if it's not already.

olif8 said:
Try micing up a cab?

Unhelpful. For some people, amp sims are the only possible solution. It might be price or living areas.

Reamping is a possible solution though. I was fighting sims for a while until I decided to try reamping from people on this forum and I have to say I think I'll be doing it from now on, well for anything that will be released.

how would you describe my tone? I would've recorded bass too but the bass I currently have here is wayyy to shitty for that..I need to get a fender jazz bass

I think a bass would go a long way to un-djenting your tone, but if you are using PODfarm, you could do the dual-amp thing, make the other amp the JCM800 clone and use a bass cab mic'ed with the condenser. Muck around with it until you get something you like. This is how I fixed my tone (its still not a mic'ed cab, but I don't have a couple grand to drop on a good one either)

Using a external overdrive instead of the onboard ts sim (wich is actually preety good) would work . The TS in the POD makes the amp too "tight" and djenty. Also , check the waves x noise to remove fizz instead of cutting to much hi mids, you will be surprised ;)

olif8 said:
Wrong. He was asking for tips on how to make his guitar sound more "natural". This is achieved by a well miced cab. If that means outsourcing re-amps like you suggested, then so be it.

He was specifically talking about the POD.

olif8 said:
Yup. And it's not gonna happen. Hence my suggestion.

Anyway, allow the de-railing to cease, that's my input.

Fair doos. OP, if you're after a more natural tone, I strongly suggest looking into reamping for the tone you are looking for. It's very reasonably priced and the results speak for themselves.

how about ditching pod farm and using onqels ts808, nick crows 8505 and a cracking cab IR, like alu's framus? i was tearing my hair out with pod farm trying to achieve a close to realistic sound and then decided to try other amp sims and hit gold!