Fuck you, religious America.

DW's right about the anti-Americanism being absent in most Europeans. I mean, we make jokes about you guys, but who doesn't joke about other nationalities?

Srsly. Americans need to take advice from the French and learn to suck it up and brush it off. The French get shit thrown at them from EVERYBODY...and I mean EVERYBODY.

Yes, because European media is *SUCH* an accurate representation of its people, much like Fox News!

How else would you expect me to stay informed. I can't just fly to Europe to check on the state of affairs. I do the best I can with my gigantic fuckiing brain.
And to suggest that Fox News is the same as as the European state-run news agencies is just silly.

They're all cotton and no candy.

How else would you expect me to stay informed. I can't just fly to Europe to check on the state of affairs. I do the best I can with my gigantic fuckiing brain.
And to suggest that Fox News is the same as as the European state-run news agencies is just silly.

They're all cotton and no candy.

Well if you're a journalist as you said, insinuating that you're plugged into the European pulse of their state of affairs, then not only should you know what I'm talking about but you should see it first hand and not from reading The Economist.

I read A Brief History of Time while taking a dump but that doesn't make me a theoretical physicist.

I think countries should be more anti-immigrant. Look where it got France and the Dutch. Damned Muslims.

It's getting pretty bad here in Italy...and with good reason. One of the few good things about Italians is that they don't care what anyone thinks about them...well, that can be bad too but you see what I'm saying. Italy is the most racist country I've ever seen but to be honest, it's working for them. You can scrawl MOHAMMED IS A CHILD-MOLESTING FAGGOT in any piazza and no one is going to burn down any government buildings here.

In fact, just yesterday not 10 km from where I live a Moroccan father killed his daughter and stabbed her Italian lover because they were fucking in the car. He's now in jail and is in fear of his life because the entire comune of Montereale Valcellina is waiting for him to get out so they can take care of him. Right about now he's praying to be sent to jail for life or deported.

Well if you're a journalist as you said, insinuating that you're plugged into the European pulse of their state of affairs, then not only should you know what I'm talking about but you should see it first hand and not from reading The Economist.

I read A Brief History of Time while taking a dump but that doesn't make me a theoretical physicist.

No, it means you like to change the subject. But that's ok, because I was just fucking with you anyway.

edit: to be clear -- our friend DW has just made what is known as a SHITTY ANALOGY. Not just a clever pun. Go figure.

Yep. Sure you were.

What newspaper/magazine/publication do you work for? Completely off the subject, just out of curiosity. I'd like to read some of your work.

I'm a freelancing alcoholic, like any self respecting writer. In all honesty, thanks to Craigslist, the chances of getting a job as a staffer are dismal.

I you think there's still lots of anti-Americanism, fine. It's just so ridiculously far away from the truth.

Broad anti-Americanism simply doesn't exist here ATM. It's the opposite! People would love to trade their Browns, Berlusconis and Merkels within the blink of an eye if they could.

And saying that the anti-Americanism is still vividly present in mass media just isn't true either. At least over here in Germany. There is ZERO ground to that argument.

Well, aside from the comments about being a journalist (true) the rest of it was just me killing time at the library. I don't care for his insinuations that you have to live somewhere to be informed about a place, but whatever.

I was making fun of his use of caps more than anything. I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE CAPS AND I'LL ARGUE THAT THE POPE IS ACTUALLY A LESBIAN HOOKER IF THEY DO IT. IT'S LIKE CALLING SOMEONE A NAZI. IT JUST THROWS YOUR CREDIBILITY OUT THE WINDOW.

No, it means you like to change the subject. But that's ok, because I was just fucking with you anyway.

edit: to be clear -- our friend DW has just made what is known as a SHITTY ANALOGY. Not just a clever pun. Go figure.

Um, there was nothing in my post even remotely resembling a pun. And you're a JOURNALIST????

And it wasn't a shitty analogy. Since obviously anyone can consider themselves a freelance journalist, I'll be the Gonzo and you can be Sean Hannity.

You see, you said that by reading European publications, that put you in the know of European matters, both foreign and domestic. I said that I read A Brief History of Time while taking a dump. The analogy I made was that by you saying that reading a Euro newspaper automatically made you somehow know what's really going on over here, likewise I could be a theoretical physicist by reading that book, because it's a publication about theoretical physics and by reading it I could automatically understand theoretical physics, which just isn't true.

I guess by reading Us Weekly I'm a celebrity, too huh? Or how about Jane's Defence Weekly? Shit, I'm ready to become the next Secretary of Defense now, bitches.

I would if it were true. But sadly, I have no life, and it's true.

edit: Instant essay, see? All I have to do is spout three words of BS, and I get an instant essay. It's like one of those machines that tells your fortune based on the questions you answer. Only more hypersensitive and full of crap.

Well, aside from the comments about being a journalist (true) the rest of it was just me killing time at the library. I don't care for his insinuations that you have to live somewhere to be informed about a place, but whatever.

I was making fun of his use of caps more than anything. I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE CAPS AND I'LL ARGUE THAT THE POPE IS ACTUALLY A LESBIAN HOOKER IF THEY DO IT. IT'S LIKE CALLING SOMEONE A NAZI. IT JUST THROWS YOUR CREDIBILITY OUT THE WINDOW.

YOU DON'T LIKE CAPS, HUH? :lol::p

Not arguing that one bit. In fact, I wish more Americans took the initiative to become more informed about the world around them as you do.

However, again, reading The Guardian doesn't mean you pay taxes, vote, and live here.