Fucking thrash, crushing tone! [Exodus/Testament style]

The Unavoidable

jättebög
May 27, 2008
Umeå, Sweden
'sup dawgs.

Was checking out the Exodus studio vids and get the urge to riff the fuck out. So I did this song, turned out absolutely fucking killer. Also got a chance to do some leads, which I haven't done in ages. (as you may notice)

EMG 81 > TSE X30 > Boogex > EQ, which resulted in one of my favorite tones ever. I considered using an SD-1 for that Sneapish mid-hump but it worked out fine without it.

Check it out, bitch.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=842017&songID=8599997

Yeah, I'm working on it but I can't find any decent converters.

@ Nuno: Yeah, my monitoring sucks so getting the bass right is always a bitch. The fact that I love loud massive kicks doesn't makes things any easier.

barry/scshead: Thanks! I might throw some Chuck Billy style vocals over it one of these days, just for kicks.

cloy: As in sound, or frequency range? The bass tone is fucked yeah, I was having a bitch of a time fitting it in with the guitars.

all around killer! guitars sounds really aggro. the tone is a great fit for the song, which is also very fuckin' good.

you just gotta love some straight up thrash!

Woah, didn't realise I got this many new comments. Thanks for the feedback dudes.

FirstStrike: Men tackar fan, länge sedan man såg dig här!

muckypup: For the guitars the settings are pretty much just everything at noon with the high mid turned up slightly. Adding in some extra highs with an EQ to make it cut through better, and that's pretty much it!

I'm starting to get hella annoyed about the solos being too loud at some parts, and completely inaudible at others. Licks on the lower strings blend in too much with the rythm I suppose.