fun stuff (nothing to do with Vintersorg)

Alec Walter Conway

Mother North's Lover
Jun 14, 2006
VINLAND (Montreal)
Hey, I was just looking around the forum, and I realised that a *lot* of people here have heard of and listen to uneXpect. This is a very nice thing for me to see cause the band is from my region, which is Montreal, Canada. I've always been used to see them as "the little uneXpect guys that live a few streets away". Well they don't actually live a few streets away, but you get the kind of feeling :p

That's all I had to say hehe :D

Oh and, maybe some other people here have the same feeling for other bands that are from their town? Tell us about it, always fun to hear stories like that! :)

Actually I'm too young to know any bigger bands like from the kindergarten until now. At least I know that Blind Guardian are from a town nearby (Krefeld) and Kraftwerk are from my home town (Düsseldorf).

Yeah, that's what I have to say...:lol:

grand belial's key, arghoslent, pig destroyer, and deceased all are from MY northern virginia. i'm like the Irishman in Braveheart. "it's MY island!" bwahaha. crush em' like wor-um.
then there is lamb of god, and GWAR.
and the dude from drowning pool died a few towns over, so i guess he's stuck here.

Doesn't really happen much living in Toronto (as I am too young to remember Rush from their early days), and being originally from London ON, the only band anyone knows from my hometown is Kittie. I do love Unexpect though, In A Flesh Aquarium is next up on my playlist after The Focusing Blur. Can't wait to see them again with Stolen Babies!

Actually I'm too young to know any bigger bands like from the kindergarten until now. At least I know that Blind Guardian are from a town nearby (Krefeld) and Kraftwerk are from my home town (Düsseldorf).

Yeah, that's what I have to say...:lol:

How could you forget about Die Krupps and Doro/Warlock :D

Die Krupps are from Düsseldorf? o_O Nice to know. ^^
And oh yeah, Doro :lol:

And of course Die Toten Hosen, but there are not many who will know them, outside German-speaking countries (and maybe some South American countries) ;)

Seems so. But you are forgiven, since you are not a natural born Düsseldorfer ;)
(alright, my id says i'm born in Meerbusch, but that doesn't matter here ^^)

Oh and, maybe some other people here have the same feeling for other bands that are from their town? Tell us about it, always fun to hear stories like that! :)
I've got the pride of my hometown Falun: Sabaton. Been following them since they started pretty much, and have had a few beers with some of them occasionally, so it's really cool that they've gotten their break-through finally. They are good too, so check them out I tell you! :headbang:

Ah, and there's also the slightly less well-known, very local band Slummrockers, which once competed against aforementioned Sabaton in some kind of talent contest. We made Slummrockers win by cheating in the voting, thus possibly postponing Sabaton's break-through some time, heh. :D

There's a really old hardrock band from my hometown called Overdrive that started sometimes in the early 80's, I think they are quite well-known.
But I could really recommend my friends in Kaptain Sun (www.kaptainsun.com) kind of Entombed meets Cathedral meets Gorefest meets Iron Maiden.

Well, Israel is a small country so basicly my town is everyone's town
I personally know the members of Orphaned Land, Blackfield(Aviv Geffen and Steven Wilson) (currently living in Tel Aviv and will soon start producing Orpahned Land's next album, Distorted which I personally know and promote(my sig duuuh),Whorecore,Dissonant(who's guitar palyer works in the tower records in town and we talk a lot), Betzefer, Excessum(who's guitarist I know personally) and the list goes on...all of these bands are not actually from my town but these are band you might know or heared of in the past or the future.

there are a lot of successfull artists and bands from Rehovot(where I live) but they sing in hebrew and don't have any chance of making it outside of israel because of their speciffic style and the topics they sing about are local so unless you live here you wouldn't understand what it's about even if you know the language.