funny anecdotes about anathema live (or not) !

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
I especialy remember that one :
My first Anathema show ever : April 19th 1996, Paris, Club Dunois ...
the opening act was good i don't remember that swiss band's name ... :err:
Anathema comes on stage with heavy smoke (I think) , keyboards etc ... Vinny is here in front of me representing as the frontman he is ;) he strikes the opening opening chord of Angelica ... and no sound ! the amps dont work ... hahahaha
it took a few secondes to rearange it and vinny passed time handing a bottle of red wine to the audience ( VERY SMALL audience !!! ) , i think Danny was laughing to death ...
After that incident the show was awesome and i knew i had met my favourite band ever ... and Danny if i may tell you this : you inspired me as a guitar player from this day. your solis and your feelling and the way you use feedback and delay are carved in my memory since this very day. no asslicking, not my style ... just being honest... I was young then , 15 , i bought a Gibson cause of you ! :mad: :lol: gimme back the money ;)

hey time to take my pills and go to bed :loco:

When I saw Anathema last year Vincent after some song said: "In the words of King Diamond..." and then cried out like him!!! :lol:

In december 2002 @ the biebob - Vosselaar / Belgium, Vinnie saw a laughing guy in the place, he looks to the audience with a zombie face and said:

"YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH, IT'S A DOOM METAL CONCERT" or something... :lol::lol::lol:

Well come on, post 'em you lazy Belgian chocolate... By the way, your tennis girl today fucked up bad in the end.... Shame... I wanted her to win... How do you lose a set from 5-1 up?!?!?!?!

That Serena chick won our girl too... And she's from Thessaloniki like me... I seeked vengeance form the Kim girl but I was let down... :cry:

argh i'm stoned with those opium pills again , one last anecdote before bedtime :

in Paris at The Locomotive in 99 they played the whole Judgement album and Lee Douglas sang on Parisienne Moonlight but the song ended in a grindcore way with John blasting , Vinny Danny and Lee grunting as hell !!! :lol: :) :lol:

I know several people recorded the show but i never got the bootleg ... i think i know a friend who's got it ... I'll ask him
Anyone here has the 99 Paris Locomotive bootleg ??? I WANNA HERE THAT GRINDCORE PARISIENNE MOONLIGHT AGAINNNNNNN :cry:

Originally posted by Thortyir
In december 2002 @ the biebob - Vosselaar / Belgium, Vinnie saw a laughing guy in the place, he looks to the audience with a zombie face and said:

"YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH, IT'S A DOOM METAL CONCERT" or something... :lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha, yes I noticed that too, he said "stop laughing, you, this is a true doommetal concert" :lol:

and he looked evil as well, i tried to take a pic of him then, but I wa too slow :( damn technology) Its better to have just a normal camera if it is for shooting something that only last for a short time...
FUCK TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

anyone remember huntenpop when jamie starts talking dutch in a farmers accent? the one about the hippo being loose on the campsite..? hehe