Future of Speech

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
There's something very special about that song.

The melody, rhe chorus, the arrangement... it truly stands out in Las Fair Deal.

Love the song.

Agreed. It almost feels as though it's different to the rest.

In fact, the entire album is one work of genius, if you ask me.

that song just cant get worse :p (hangs head in shame and shrugs head at poor atempt at a pun). its one of my favourites of the album, its just brilliant. the desperation in Jonas's voice really gives it a kick. what can i say except a classic song.

This is my fave on LFDGD.
I actually found the same feeling that can be found when listening to some of Jeff Buckley's songs. The "pathos" of this song is simply brilliant. It has to be played loud to feel all the discouragement in this "It can't get worse". Brilliant, that's the word.

That has always been my favorite track since I have had the CD but just this week it has changed my new favorite off of LFDGD would now be I transpire it is a catchy track I love the part when Jonas says " There is no way I am going to be free, Because there hearts are similar to mine, There is no way they are going to release me, from this chain of rows unto our own hearts." I can never get enough of that part.

Hellz yeah!

Its my favorite Katatonia song by far!

advance review for http://www.prog.web.com

Katatonia
What began as Paradise Lost-inspired epic Doom metal has evolved into a macabre Tool-inspired gothic rock band, neither point of which being particularly fascinating. Like most doom and gothic bands, Katatonia’s music evokes gloom, darkness, and depression. “Catatonia” is a condition associated with schizophrenia, replacing their C with a K… pretty kreative or something like that!

Dance of December Souls (1993)
In 1993, this epic Doom metal approach may have been revolutionary, but musically it is repetitive and at times a touch dry. A strong Paradise Lost influence is particularly evident with the slow hypnotic riffs and occasional symphonic keyboards underneath painful growling. Dance of December Souls would be a fairly dismissible release if it weren’t for “Tomb of Insomnia”, a strong composition offering soothing melodies and a disturbing ambience. Opeth has explored this style far more effectively, but this may be an interesting purchase for those interested in where it may have derived from. C / 76

Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2001)
Peaceville proudly touts this album as "perhaps" its finest release ever, making this "perhaps" the most overrated metal album since Gamma Ray's Power Plant. How Last Fair Deal Gone Down's open chording, more concrete lyrics, and clean vocals suddenly make this album better than Peaceville's Opeth releases is beyond me. The album's sonic depressants vary in impact and quality. All the songs begin with soft gloomy melodies or slow open chords and build into a fuzzy chorus with a depressing message. Eleven songs of this become monotonous rather quickly. Thankfully, "Dispossession", "Tear Gas", "Tonight's Music" and "The Future of Speech" effectively evoke the gloom the band explores. The rest of the songs may have amusing or macabre lyrics, but suffer from bland melodies and/or uninteresting arrangements. The band is in desperate need of a more melodic base, musically experimental approach, or songs as effective as the four mentioned. Approach cautiously… C+ / 78

How Last Fair Deal Gone Down's open chording, more concrete lyrics, and clean vocals suddenly make this album better than Peaceville's Opeth releases is beyond me.

Let's split hairs. :D
I always thought Peaceville only released Opeth's "Still Life"...?

By the way, The Future Of Speech is fucking great! It can't get better...alright, bad joke :)

Originally posted by Michael TEOF

The rest of the songs may have amusing or macabre lyrics,
Which lyrics are amusing? I don't really find anything funny about them.

I think the album IS the best Peaceville release, give or take a My Dying Bride or two in the mid 90's.