Future of Speech

Lets talk about its lyrics and the meaning it says.

Do you see the same thing as I do?

The world is black, the whole PC www communications have gone too far, the apocalypse is near, we are so isolated/desolated from each other, what is the future of speech?

Silence be complete........Human will be no more.

Any thoughts/speech on this?

The world is black, the whole PC www communications have gone too far, the apocalypse is near, we are so isolated/desolated from each other, what is the future of speech?

At the moment I don't see the "cyberspace" context, but perhaps this approach will grow on me.

I think the great variety of speech is often reduced to empty phrases that neither bear real interest in the receiver nor in the very sounds that were just spit out of one's mouth.
Most of the time we speak to get along, to derive benefits from it, sometimes even just for the fuck of it. Speech can easily seem idle when its vehicle (the word) turns numb.

But I'm isolated from other beings since I'm not connected to their minds, so I need to speak my mind to feel satisfaction when the words I formed finally lead to the effect I wanted. Everyone wants to manipulate his surroundings by the use of speech. Even when I only want to "share my thoughts", I expect the listener to react in some way.
But what happens if this impulse, this urge for communication is vanishing slowly? What if you feel that (in the end) it's all in vain, your words make no sense to others, at times not even to yourself anymore?

Then you're not only at loss of words, the world in and around you seems to be cast in stone. One is stuck and all that remains are self-doubts and the search for the (truly) relevant.

Hmmmmm....
Well, yeah, I haven't sharpened my thoughts enough when I mentioned the www context.....

But the 'speaking to no1' and 'words to nowhere' thing is really Katatonik ;), that's what makes me scared.....
Although I see it as an individual thing, not a global concept that will tear us/the world apart ....

It’s like that movie, Gulliver with Ted Danson. In the part where he compares human beings with those smart horses… speech objective is to send and receive information, if you are untrue and use it o deceive, mislead is main purpose for it. Speech becomes obsolete when it’s used just so it’s used.(sp?)

We must bury you is a good song. March 4, however should be in the album.
And just a question: What does he mean with
'I have no lies or truth in what I say
There's no meaning'?
Does he mean 'I have no lies or truth; in what I say there's no meaning' (as he sings) or 'I have no lies or truth in what I say; there's no meaning' (as it's written)?

i've always taken it as 'there are no lies or truth in what i say, there is no meaning.' like as in, the 'there is no meaning' bit as an explanation... there aren't any lies or truth because what he is saying is meaningless... that's how i've always taken it, sorta talking about talking without saying anything...

I don't have much time usually to stray from my favorite forum, but today there was time and the first words I saw was for this thread. What a great song indeed.

"My prospects have become less promising.
I find it hard to believe in anything.
Seems I lost my world and so I lost my faith,
And I can't go back to where I've been."

The words hit home when I'm mad or upset. Then the music! The eerie sounds and the part in the middle when it’s all quiet except for that one riff over and over and over. And as said many times, the desperation in his voice.

It’s my favorite song on the album. By far.

"they bless me with their fingers crossed"

it's like people are saying him that he'll make it and everythin will be alright although they know deep inside that they are lying.

And i definitely wouldn’t evaluate Renskee voice as desperate, thats more in Dance of December Souls. Now I think it’s just a voice of a person that’s very suggestible and passive, it’s like nothing really matters and whatever may happen he’ll always go with the flow, always saving deep inside this hatred towards general people that he would never dare to spew because he’s way too scared to move, although sometimes not even fear can be felt because he’s slowly going numb.

"And i definitely wouldn’t evaluate Renskee voice as desperate..." No? Not even in "...it can't get worse!"
ponder.gif
Huh...it sounds like you know him personally the way you described him. "...although sometimes not even fear can be felt because he’s slowly going numb." That or you're good at dramatizing. ;)

Either way, I never looked at it like that. Interesting...

i guess he sings the second one you mentioned. and i have no lies or truth is definitely a great oxymoron, some perfect irony. and by the way, we must bury you is a very gothic song and shouldnt be humoring you. i mean take a llook at the seccond verse. :(

ooops wrong page...now my message doesnt make sense...let me explain: i actually responded to the last message of the first page, and the guy there was asking if jonas sang future of speech as "i have no lies or truth in what i say there is no meaning" or as "i have no lies or truth in what i say...there is no meaning" and i answered the question in my post. but im really serious about we must bury you. i dont find it funny at all.

and by the way, _Transparent_, what is ironic about the line "when you have no one, no one can hurt you? man, it is so goddam true...havent you ever had the feeling that people around you just break your heart all the time?