Fuuuuu KONTAKT help ;(

zvish

Jan 2, 2008
¯\(°_o)/¯
Guys, can anyone here write some short info how to make new instrument in KONTAKT 4? Something like Joey cymbal instruments? I really would like to put there my own snare samples and trigger them from midi instead of drumagog. And in the future record my own cymbal samples and make some "nki" projects like Joey's cymbal packs. I think this is great idea, and could improve my workflow with drums in the future.
Cheers:)

good find man, i think you should win the prize!!

There is one post on board that i found before:

I'm by no means an expert, and use kontakt 2, but it's really not that hard to
set up a few samples as you described...

1. Create a new instrument (ctrl+N)
2. In the "Group editor" create as many groups as you need ("create empty group", one for each multisample)
3. Set "Group starts" to Rd. Robin and give it a number (for each group)
Make sure "Edit all groups" is disabled! Many times I yelled at my Laptop for not
letting me assign different positions in the rd robin chain :Smug:
4. Now head to the mapping editor, check the first of the groups and drag one of the samples in
5. Adjust the velocity range of this sample (you can just drag the top and bottom of the box around)
6. Add in the other velocities, all in the same group.
7. Now comes the annoying part: since you want the different samples in the robin chain
to be played back from the same key, you have to do 4-6 again, with the next group
checked, right on top of the first one. So be sure to check "Selected groups only"
or you'll drag around the wrong samples most of the time.
Another possibility is to set up the next group on a different key, and when you get
the velocities right, drag them back together on one key

I guess that should be it... Hope that's not too confusing :headbang:

but this still confuses me;/

I will try with Battery 3 later, maybe this will be easier...eh

heyy guys! i try to figure out the things in Battery. my problem is: empty cells are also in the cycle.... i don't know what to do...annoying :/ i know i should RTFM. i searched it, but i didn't find it :/

so for example if i have 5 crack hits, 8 hard, 8 medium ,10 soft then the Battery plays the empty cells in the matrix.

each row is a "layer" for example crack hits only.
each pad is a sample. (in this case 10 pads in each row, cause it's a matrix)

how can i switch the empty cells off?
it's a matrix so i can't delete them because the biggest number is 10 in this case, so what should i do?

please help me out guys, i'm almost done with this thing

thank you so much!