Fxpansion VST Wrapper 2.0 Causing constant BSOD

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
I recently got a new laptop to replace my desktop setup. The only problem I've run into so far is that for some damn reason every time I select the folder to detect and wrap plugins in VST Wrapper, it crashes after a few seconds and I get the blue screen of death. Every time. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

I don't really have any suggestion, except that that wrapper is incredibly unstable in the best of situations.

One thing it could be though is whatever plug it's trying to wrap first. Maybe take all the plugs out of the folder and just put em in 1 at a time do it that way. that way you'll know who the culprit is.

I don't really have any suggestion, except that that wrapper is incredibly unstable in the best of situations.

One thing it could be though is whatever plug it's trying to wrap first. Maybe take all the plugs out of the folder and just put em in 1 at a time do it that way. that way you'll know who the culprit is.

Yeah I had this problem before, although I'm not using any wrapped VSTs at the moment, this is how I fixed it.

File a support ticket, and one of the support staff will help you out. Remember to include all system and OS information, as well as your soundcard, etc...

File a support ticket, and one of the support staff will help you out. Remember to include all system and OS information, as well as your soundcard, etc...

I did, they were pretty far from helpful. But they did mention the possible add one in at a time thing. That will take forever but I'll give it a shot.

This is what the Fxpansion guy said. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help guys!