G&L bass instead of Fender?

Schmidt_Rubin

Mar 18, 2006
Cape Cod
www.myspace.com
Wanda, I was looking at some youtube videos earlier and read in the comments there was an article at bass planet about why you chose G&L over the Fender but couldn't find the article. So what are your reasons?

I have the G&L 5 string Tribute and love it, I can imagine how the American model must play and sound. Having owned both I think the G&L is more versatile due to more control over the sound.

What equipment do you use live and in the studio and why?

G&L basses, Rotosound strings, and SWR amps and speaker cabs. G&L was the last company Leo Fender owned before he passed away. I had always liked Fender basses but I was curious about this new company so I decided to check out their basses and liked the way they fit and played. Rotosound strings are very reliable and sound great. I don’t think I’ve ever broken one of their strings. As for SWR amps and speaker cabs, well, they have a big warm sound that I really like. It’s a little bit of a challenge to get the right sound with SWR when playing with The Iron Maidens so I may be looking at getting some new gear. I’m still going to keep what I have though.

gear edit, all the SWR stuff is gone.

Link....

There may be a new interview somewhere soon. :saint: