Galaxy Show - Surprises and Guests all about!

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
The Galaxy show was terrific tonight...err....technically last night.

To be honest, it was VERY cool to enjoy a show that did NOT include The Trooper and Run To The Hills. Unless I'm mistaken, the two songs tonight that they had not previously played, were Deja Vu and Judas Be My Guide. They opened with Deja Vu, and they thundered through it...what a great surprise. Judas Be My Guide is one of my favorites from FOTD, and that was a great song to hear last night!

Poor Mark was having Spinal Tap moments, too. First he couldn't get the lights lit up on ojne of the crosses as the show was starting, and later during Hallowed, they had a devil of a time trying to get the Skull/Eddie thing to rise up behind Linda. On top of that, poor Eddie (SIT version) took a spill while pretending to be shot by Courtney, and he almost completely took Nili out with him! All of it made for a very fun show! All the ladies were really having a great time up there, and this was my first time seeing Nili with them. She is....FAN-TAS-TIC! I can't say that enough. I forget her real name but Michelle Kenney, as she was dubbed, was fun to watch on the keyboards. :)

Lots of people enjoyed meeting Derek Riggs, and why not...he's a great guy. It's fun watching that....people showing him albums covers and such, and them getting to meet him.

Michael Kenney (Steve's Bass Tech and Maiden's keyboard player at live shows) was also there, which was a big surprise. Mark was kind enough to introduce me to him, and he was very nice about signing my poster from the night.

Thanks again ladies for a great time last night....see you at another show soon. :)

Deja Vu! Nice one!! Judas they had played before so any other ones it could have been??

Woops....just checked your list of songs they've played....it was....

Only The Good Die Young!

I love that song, and it was great...but I thought they had played that before.

They play so many songs that the actual Maiden doesn't play, that sometimes you fool yourself into thinking they had played it before.

Was also good to see Puckfiend, Red Shirt, & Ugg and his lovely wife :)

Woops....just checked your list of songs they've played....it was....

Only The Good Die Young!

I love that song, and it was great...but I thought they had played that before.

They play so many songs that the actual Maiden doesn't play, that sometimes you fool yourself into thinking they had played it before.

Was also good to see Puckfiend, Red Shirt, & Ugg and his lovely wife :)

Oh! Superb!! I shall add that one to the list. Thanks for the info. :D

That is why I love seeing the Gals perform ... they do songs that even the mighty Maiden won't do anymore.

Well, that and the fact, that they are easy to look at. :wave:

Thanks a lot, Khan! Was definitely a really fun show. And yeah, about the Wasted Years Eddie...that fall could've ended much worse! It was a close one, luckily I only lost my whammy bar for a few minutes!

Yes thanks, Khan, for the blow-by-blow (literally!) report. :lol: I agree it was refreshing to skip "Trooper" and "Run to the Hills" this time in favor of the new songs.

The night was full of several cool highlights for me, too. What a great vibe (and sound!) having Kristen Lawrence on keys. And not only is she such a talented musician, I don't think you could find a more professional player and nicer person anywhere. And of course it's always a real treat having Nili play with us--what a phenom AND sweetheart. And I was delighted to meet THE Michael Kenney from the Iron Maiden clan--what a down-to-earth guy. And, speaking of down-to-earth and unassuming...of course, Derek Riggs and his wife Kim. Pretty incredible when you realize that his Eddie creation is as much a part of IM's unique identity as is their music. I know Derek's appearance and signing at the show really made the night for lots of folks.

Plus, it was just awesome to see you all there, too! THANK YOU. :headbang: