Galaxy show thread...

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
Sorting pictures right now.
Highlights...Pugatory, Infinite Dreams, and Powerslave which I have not seen them do before. Lemmy came out and introduced them but it was too dark for a shot.

Lowlight the huge mosh pit that turned Sara's side into a fuggin rugby match. From my pics you would think I am biased towards Liz and Wanda since I was in tha same angle as at the Canes show. I started over by Sara but 10 seconds into the first song it became a scrum over there. :yuk: :bah: :mad:
Another pinhead chucked a drink and got Aja wet. Her got an earful from her.

Liz plays a beautiful mahogany guitar she made in luthier school.

Choice pics later. I have 125 to sort and choose.

Jim

Pics are big but shrinking jacks them up....

Best shot of Liz and her guitar.
Maidens048.jpg

Something was funny near the end to Wanda and Liz.
Maidens120.jpg

Notice the road crew hand grabbing Aja by the belt..
Maidens111.jpg

one of the best shots I got....
Maidens098.jpg

see the little guy way in the background between the amp and the pharoh head? He was a mini-eddie at the end.
Maidens050.jpg

we all sometimes get GPF goofy playing face.
Maidens037.jpg

A little Marsh Madness..
Maidens065.jpg

Maidens064.jpg

Ya know Aja, if you get the mic closer you don't have to try as hard. :p
Maidens055.jpg

There were several people with camcorders and headphones wandering about. Probably 5 on the floor/stage and one tripod in the balcony.

Jim

Murders in the Rue Morgue was another real oldie that I hadn't heard them do before. So MITRM, Powerslave, Purgatory, Flight of Icarus, and Infinite Dreams were the surprise tracks.

I don't recall the entire setlist sorry.

Of couse the IM's staples of RTTH ,HBTN, POTO, WY, Wrathchild, Trooper etc.

Jim

Nice photos Spidey.
Great show! I don't think I've ever seen the Galaxy so packed, except for maybe the last time the Maidens played there!:cool: Thanks for the street-team hall pass ladies:worship: ... hope I helped bring a few more people in there for you with my flyers. Still reeling from being packed in and shoved left and right in the third row... was dripping with sweat... but it was all so worth it! Lemmy introduced the band before they started, and then Phil Campbell played on The Trooper! Aja said that Linda would be playing with Meldrum to open for Motorhead on their March 10 Anaheim HOB gig. Definitely putting that one in the datebook! The Kiss and ACDC tribute openers were excellent as well.

SETLIST that my buddy culled from the soundboard dude, with Trooper note as printed on the setlist:

IDES/WRATHCHILD
2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

PRISONER
WASTED YEARS

INFINITE DREAMS

CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME
ICARUS

TRANSYLVANIA
REMEMBER TOMORROW
# OF THE BEAST

PHANTOM

TROOPER - Motorhead guest vocals and 3rd guitarist here. All 3 guitar amps are on

POWERSLAVE
MURDERS
PURGATORY

HALLOWED
RUN TO THE HILLS

Whew! That's all I can type right now. Thanks again MaidenS! Sorry didn't have time to stick around much after to say hello, but looked like you were going to be busy at the merch table for quite awhile!
Up the Irons!:wave:

We had the greatest time in Santa Ana - thank you everyone who came out to celebrate Maiden with us. It was our best turnout thus far and we hope to be coming back to the Galaxy sooner rather than later! Thank you Galaxy! It was a pleasure working with you all.

Most of all, our deepest thanks to Lemmy and Phil of Motorhead for making it a night to remember. The crowd went wild when Lemmy walked onstage to introduce the girls before they launched into The Ides of March and the Trooper went to a whole new place when Phil put his own signature on it. He really rocked.

Motorhead will be playing shows at the HOUSE OF BLUES in Hollywood on Tuesday March 7th - HOB San Diego Thursday March 9th - HOB Anaheim on Friday March 10th - HOB Las Vegas, NV on Saturday March 11th.

Performing with opening act MELDRUM will be our own lovely Linda McDonald ("Nikki McBURRain"). Now you have 2 reasons to go! Don't miss it! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Great show, I have never seen the real maiden or the iron maidens do Inifinite Dreams before which between that and purgatory was fuckin insane. That place was definetely packed. I had the front center sky box and it was fuckin awesome up there looking down on the mosh pit and watching people go nuts. I haven't seen that place so packed other than the Soulfly/Morbid Angel gig a few months back.

First time seeing the new guitarist and she is really bad ass. I always love watching Sarah on stage she just owns that stage. We are lucky to live close to these girls. Its truly amazing watching such great musicianship from 5 kick ass ladies on a stage.

Back to bed... hung over as all hell.. ughh

Woah...is it me or do the shots that we can see Linda....well...she looks...erm...uhm....

POSSESSED.

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

I loved the show. It was the second Iron Maidens performance I've seen, but this time I brought someone new. I think you all have one more fan. I'm already a little nostalgic for the first performance I saw at Blue Cafe, though. It was so small and uncrowded it now seems like I was a privileged guest to a private show.

Lemmy!
I had no idea Lemmy or Phil would make an appearance, so when I looked behind me early in the evening and saw Lemmy walking up the stairs to the VIP booths I nearly fainted. I love that man.

Yes, the slamming in the pit (I'm old school. It will always be called slamming) was uncool. But there were kind men who pushed them away from us. Not that we couldn't beat them down if it came to that. It's just nice to know that chivalry isn't dead.

My ears are still ringing. Is that a bad thing?

Little blown out of porportion. Yeah someone threw some ice but the moshing and what not was no different than any other metal show I have seen. The show was great and in no way shape or form out of control. Yeah if you were standing in the pit you were gonna probably get pushed around a bit thats how things work at a metal gig. Especially a huge crowd like that with die hard metal fans there. I personally like seeing the moshing, people were into it. Thats why I just don't go on the floor unless I expect a little moshing

First time seeing the Maidens last night at the Galaxy. Excellent show! Hightlights for my night were 'Ides of March' & 'Murders in the Rue Morgue'. I was in the back of the pit..didn't get bumped, but it was pretty packed down there.

My first time seeing the Maidens also. The girls put on an excellent performance. I'm glad that I finally got to see them play. I missed the show down the street from me, at McMurphys, because I had to work. The Galaxy is a great venue as well. Reminded me of a venue in Tampa. Loved all the different Eddies coming out on stage. Looking forward to seeing the gals again. Thanks for sharing the photos. Cheers!

My first time seeing the Maidens as well... It was an amazing show. A lot better than I expected, actually. I will DEFINITELY come see them again.

OH, and in the set of photos... in front of Wanda in one of them, the blonde curly hair is mine... haha I was headbanging through the whole thing... my neck still hurts a bit.. haha but it was great.