Galaxy show thread...

Now look at me, like a school boy talkin to everybody about you girls.

It happens to most of us. You go the first time for whatever reason and the Maidens just knock you stoopid and you babble. :tickled:

I first went because Wanda plays G&L basses also and was floored by all of them. :worship: :worship:
Her bass just kills on Aces High if you have the CD.

Jim

Liz I sent Aja all the ones I took and she said she would forward them on.

I thought that was just perfect with the emoticon when I was scanning through and pure luck that I caught it.

Glad you ladies like it.

Jim

Blizard said:
So this is my "Sloth from Goonies" look with me thinking: "Almost there, almost got the right note...."
HEY YOU GUUUUYS!!!
..... Babe... Ruuth?
:D

spideyjg said:
It happens to most of us. You go the first time for whatever reason and the Maidens just knock you stoopid and you babble. :tickled:

I first went because Wanda plays G&L basses also and was floored by all of them. :worship: :worship:
Her bass just kills on Aces High if you have the CD.

Jim

i currently do not own it, cuz i just heard about them last week, but i'll have to get my greedy hands on it. I can't decide who i was amazed by the most, sara's shreddin skillz are awesome, liz's clean style is perfect... i could go on and on about everybody, they're just great...

So this is my "Sloth from Goonies" look with me thinking: "Almost there, almost got the right note...."

There is a bit of the "come on pinky, do what I'm telling you this time" look there Liz. :tickled:

You have really gotten way more comfortable since I first saw y'all at Blind Melons a few months back.

Check your PM for a clip link..

Jim

ARIA PRO II '65 said:
hey o.c. trooper, is your video the whole show from a camcorder? or just a little bit from a cell phone or something?

IT IS ACTUALLY FROM MY DIGITAL CAMERA...GOT ABOUT EIGHT SONGS ON THERE...NOT QUITE THE WHOLE SHOW, BUT PRETTY CLOSE...:headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
IMO, not blown out of proportion at all -

I was just saying that people that made this show out to be some 'out of control fiasco' have blown it out of proportion. Yes it sucked to have someone through that stuff on stage and that was serious. However, this wasn't some chaotic nightmare of a show where you should be scared to bring people to. That is a bit out of proportion.

Aja you looked cute as hell up there with those spiked wrist bands and the pink top. Nice wardrobe!

GREAT SHOW! The Maidens were jaw-dropping, ass-kicking, and hard-rocking as usual. High Voltage rocked the house. Gods of Thunder were very cool - My son caught Gene's bloody rag :ill: We arrived too late to see much of the first act, but they sounded good. I took my two daughters, my son and my daughter's friend. We ended up leaving the floor after a couple Maidens toons as the ebb and flow of the crowd was a bit much for me to try and keep from crushing my teens. I didn't see anyone getting naked (sounds like I'm lucky). It was my son's and oldest daughter's first live show, My younger daughter has been to lots. They are all still raving about that show.

Thank you everyone, especially the Maidens for sharing a kick-ass show with my family.

Oh and hey Aja, tell your mom happy birthday from us :D

BassPhantom said:
Oh and hey Aja, tell your mom happy birthday from us :D

Thanks BP!! :D
My mom loved it and thought the band and show were fantastic! :headbang:

For those of you who weren't there, here's what we're talking about. My mom, who just turned 80 a few weeks ago, is out here visiting me and she came to the show ( it's only the 2nd time she's ever seen me perform )
So I told the crowd about it and they just went nuts! Then I asked them to "Scream For My Mother! Scream for my MOM!!!" and they went even more nuts!! :hotjump:

It was amazing - I couldn't believe how loud everyone screamed for my mom! She was tickled to pieces about it though she felt a little shy about all the attention she got as a result! It was so great and I think I can safely say that she is most likely the oldest living Iron Maiden fan!!! She just loved the music! She even asked me if she could listen to some of the real Maiden because she was curious to hear what the actual band sounded like and I have to tell you all - she was very impressed! :Smokin:

Paladino's is too far for me so somebody else get out there and get photo's. :Spin:

I plan on being at the next San Diego show.

Jim

Air Raid Siren said:

For those of you who weren't there, here's what we're talking about. My mom, who just turned 80 a few weeks ago, is out here visiting me and she came to the show ( it's only the 2nd time she's ever seen me perform )
So I told the crowd about it and they just went nuts! Then I asked them to "Scream For My Mother! Scream for my MOM!!!" and they went even more nuts!! :hotjump:

It was amazing - I couldn't believe how loud everyone screamed for my mom! She was tickled to pieces about it though she felt a little shy about all the attention she got as a result! It was so great and I think I can safely say that she is most likely the oldest living Iron Maiden fan!!! She just loved the music! She even asked me if she could listen to some of the real Maiden because she was curious to hear what the actual band sounded like and I have to tell you all - she was very impressed! :Smokin:

Hahah, that's brilliant Aja!!! Your mum sounds awesome!!! :headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:

So I told the crowd about it and they just went nuts! Then I asked them to "Scream For My Mother! Scream for my MOM!!!" and they went even more nuts!!

That must have been a very memorable gig for you to be playing a sold out show and having your mother there. You have all of these fans that love you in beautiful sunny southern California, yet your mother lives far away and doesn't get to see you perform but twice in your life. She must have been so proud of her daughter!!

Hey everyone, thanks to spideyjg there are now a few more video clips available from the Galaxy show. Check 'em out!

Galaxy Show

Who said Linda looks demonic?
This is one of the very few I have ever gotten of Linda.

Maidens044_1.jpg