Galiral, I need help

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Dude, I'm making a pasta right now...actually I just finished making it, but for future reference I'd like to ask you a question.

Normally if I make the everyday pasta just to eat and nothing fancy, it's the typical pasta with pomodoro and speck/pancetta. That's done in like 15 minutes, tops.

However, today I was out of meat, so I just got some pomodorini and mixed it with the pomodoro, seasoned it really well and it's just gonna be "pasta rosso", :lol:.

Coming from the land of the best pasta on earth, could you tell me some more ingredients that would be good if I'm short of meat or other ingredients? My favorite pasta is spaghetti carbonara, but Annalisa can't eat it due to the dairy ingredients.

Rome's best pizza is the pizza rosso, in my opinion...something about your tomatoes is just pure pwnage. I was thinking of some way to do a pasta like that but it'll never be as good as Rome's.

ahahah this time i laughed really hard :lol:

I think basilico would be good with the tomato sauce (pizza margherita always have 2 or 3 basilico leaf :D), and obviously some parmigiano add a lot more flavor to the sauce.
But maybe you already know this things, i'm really not a good cook :p

oh, maybe you have already tried the "spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino"
http://www.cucinaconme.it/spaghetti_aglio_peperoncino.htm :lol:

Gia fatto! I always put peperoncino in my pasta...basilico as well. I was looking for something really strange, rather than just pomodoro. The seasoning part is fine...I've got the peperoncino oil and that really spices it up really nice, then some basilico and even oregano sometimes, but not together. It sounds weird, but paprika is really good as well...it gives it a little kick. And yes, I cook it al dente, unlike the Brits who cook it until it's fucking glue...blech.

I've also got the stuffed peperoncini from Calabria that's useful, but this time I just used the oil. A friend of the family travels down there once a year and buys crates and crates of that stuff and then gives us a few jars.