game music

Gotta pick up Castlevania for the Ps2 when it arrives this winter! Not to mention Final Fantasy X-2, even though the music is probably more like background music like FFX, it`s a shame with such great music........

Don't worry, I have full confidence the soundtrack will be killer for Castlevania: Lament of Sorrow. Even if there is no guitar.....I stilll really like the moody baroque/gothic/symphonic sound the series has always offered. I even read in an interview with the chick who does the music and the guy behind the game as a whole that they are thinking about packaging the whole soundtrack along with the game! I doubt it will happen as the music composer will probably want to make the extra dollar selling the soundtrack seperately........but it is always nice to know there is a small chance.

the_satanic_rabbit said:
It's Dracula Battle - Perfect Selection
and
Dracula Battle II

Both feature Castlevania songs redone with heavy guitar and full shred solos

Are you sure it's just one guy? To me it sounds like an Yngwie type player (he has a very similar tone) paired with a differently guy who uses more blues stuff and has a thicker tone. Unless it's the same guy with different guitars. I always thought it was two guys though.

Anyway, the first is way better than the second. I got mine of gamemusic.com like 4 or 5 years ago

They may be out of print....
:(

First part is correct! That is indeed the soundtracks.

The guitarist who recorded BOTH of those CD's is none other than Katsu Ohta. He is Japans version of Yngwie Malmsteen, and ubelievably underated guitarist. He also has a band called "Ark Storm" very rare cds, and yes I own everything by him.

Shredmaster...........I am pretty sure that if they did include the full soundtrack it would be in the north american release too. Mainly because the new Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (i had wrong name on my earlier post) is one of those rare games that comes out the same time in north america as in japan. The game will allow players to play in English or Japanese, and with English subtitles or Japanese subtitles. Pretty cool eh?