Gamers, what are your decisions?

If you're into the dark/sinister thing, KOTOR 2 allows you to play out your evil power-fantasies pretty well. It's linear, no doubt about it, but there are some interesting (read: boner-inducing) circumstances for a dark side character.

I hear the Neverwinter Nights expansions Mask of the Betrayer and the recent one Storm of Zehir are decent RPG experiences. However, after the abysmal failure that was the original Neverwinter Nights and the original Neverwinter Nights 2 campaign I'm not even willing to give it a shot.

So riddle me this, Fallout nuts - I have zero knowledge of the Fallout universe or storyline, will I be able to enjoy Fallout 3? How closely related to the first two is it? And for those who are gonna recommend I play the first two, I'm sorry, but I really can't see myself playing an isometric sprite-based RPG in this day and age, regardless of how good it may be :)

So riddle me this, Fallout nuts - I have zero knowledge of the Fallout universe or storyline, will I be able to enjoy Fallout 3? How closely related to the first two is it? And for those who are gonna recommend I play the first two, I'm sorry, but I really can't see myself playing an isometric sprite-based RPG in this day and age, regardless of how good it may be :)

I never played the first two, and as far as I know, it's not a sequel of any kind. So you can just pick it up and play. The opening sequences are really cool btw.

You can definitely enjoy it, as it doesn't continue the plot of either the first or the sequel. I know it doesn't feel very tempting to play such old games anymore, but I still consider Fallout 2 the best video game of all time, and I'm not someone to get easily excited about games :) Actually, I just played it last year again, and it still felt like a solid gaming experience.

I never played Fallout 1 & 2 and Fallout 3 is my fave of all time. Pick it up and listen to Peace Sells while you playing it:headbang: I love this whole end time mood a lot. Really to enjoy. Pick it up, dude. And tell us, what you think about it.

That's a shame, because you'd be depriving yourself of the finest gaming experience that can be had.

Fallout 3 is ok. You can pick it up quite easily, but it isn't the same sort of the game as the first two. Fallout 3 is basically an Elder Scrolls game rather than a Fallout game. Fallout 3 is very forgettable, but the first two are not.

I'm looking forward to playing GTA4 on PC.
I've been playing Left 4 Dead this week, and while it is definitely a great game, there's no surprises. After a couple levels you figure out whats coming.
Complaints:
-it's not long enough, you can play all 20 levels in an afternoon
-only 6 different enemies, and aside from the zombies they always look the same. Some variety would be nice
-The maps are very linear, there's only one path to take.

Great timewaster overall. I'd like to see what the developers add to this in expansions.

I'm looking forward to playing GTA4 on PC.
I've been playing Left 4 Dead this week, and while it is definitely a great game, there's no surprises. After a couple levels you figure out whats coming.
Complaints:
-it's not long enough, you can play all 20 levels in an afternoon
-only 6 different enemies, and aside from the zombies they always look the same. Some variety would be nice
-The maps are very linear, there's only one path to take.

Great timewaster overall. I'd like to see what the developers add to this in expansions.
Have you played co-op on expert? That can often take more than an afternoon just for one level. :p