Garden Of Shadows- Oracle Moon

Flaming Death

It must have been strange
Jul 23, 2002
VA
www.dalenet.com
Garden of Shadows- Oracle Moon

Where to begin? Well this is my first review and I decided to review the album Oracle Moon by Garden of Shadows who hails from the state of Maryland in the USA. They describe themselves as “Mystical Epic Death Metal”. I first heard them at an Opeth/Amorphis show. I then purchased this disc from The End Records. First off, I will tell you this is a great album. Great Production, Great Music. This is one of those epic albums with only 7 songs but a long running time these songs are pretty long, not as long as Opeth but still lengthy. This band plays some kind of Doom/Melodic Death with really deep vocals reminiscent of Amorphis’ old vocals. The guitars are great! crunching with great melodic lines with some help from great atmospheric keyboards. The drumming is good as well, great double bass and hi-hat work. This band was singed to Wicked World records (Earache) in 2000 and has been touring with the likes of Opeth, Amorphis, Nile, and Arch Enemy. I have personally seen them live and it was great. I am going to give this album a rating of 9/10. The reason being I don’t really like 8-10 minute songs a lot but this music is just so good it deserves the rating. I really recommend everyone listen to the track Citadel of Dreams.

Another interesting bit of information is this band currently has 3 females in the band. Guitar, Vocals and Keyboards. However on this album a guy does the vocals.

Jon

Track Listing
1. Oracle Moon
2. Citadel of Dreams
3. Into Infinity
4. Dissolution of the Forms
5. Continuum
6. Desert Shadows
7. Twilight Odyssey