GBK and Arghoslent

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
I just got done searching and didn't find anything, so here is soem similar riffs.

Now Playing: Grand Belial's Key - Judeobeast Assassination - The Lamb of God Slain Shall... [05:02 / 06:45]

Now Playing: Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry - The Purging Fires of War [04:47 / 03:27]

Now Playing: Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry - Quelling The Simian Surge [03:50 / 06:33]

Okay, the riff at th end of GBK sounds alot like those two riffs off of Arghoslents release, and I know IB came out in 2002 and JA 2001. Since, Arghoslent took 4 years to put out and album, and I have read they spent alot of time making an album, and their drummer is in GBK, so do you think arghoslent used the riff or do you think otherwise.

GBK seems like they ripped arghoslent off purely on the sounds of the riff, what arghoslent did was way more complex and more catchy.

You're saying Incorrigible Bigotry came out in 2002 and Judeobeast Assassination in 2001, in other words the GBK album was first. But you ask in your question whether or not GBK ripped off Arghoslent. I don't understand.

I know its vague, but arghoslent has said many times that they are constantly writing new material, they just take along time to record it, I was thinking since GBK are "close" to arghoslent that maybe it could be a rip off of arghoslent, mainly because the riff in arghoslent is actually a good riff while the GBK is more a filler riff.

I can see some of the similarities, but they're hardly close enough to say anything about borrowing riffs.

If you search for similarities in Black Metal songs you´ll find on nearyl every record a similar riff to one of Darkthrone or Mayhem. On the new Satanic Warmaster album, he uses the beginning riff of Deathcrush on one song. Not so wise, I think.

I thats my question, maybe I suck at wording shit, but do you think they are borrowing or is it just similiar minds that happen to work out this way?

Each band is great in their own respect, I don't know why they would, but when I heard that riff I immediatly thought Arghoslent.

I always thought GBK always sounded a bit similar to Arghoslent, but they do share some of the same members.

Release date is irrelevant. You actually have to find out when the riff was written. Some bands write stuff that isn't released for years.

J. said:
Release date is irrelevant. You actually have to find out when the riff was written. Some bands write stuff that isn't released for years.

That's what swizzlesack said.

It's a lot more well known than it used to be though. Most people didn't even seem to have heard of Arghoslent even back in 2004.

Guthrum said:
I haven't had the chance to listen to Kosherat yet. I would like some opinions on it as well.

i think the new album is a must have if you're a GBK fans or a USBM fans..... but keep in mind there's only actually 5 new songs on the album, the other are re-record of songs from very limited splits, so you most likely never heard them.

still, i love the album.

yeah the previous vocalist sounded more death metalish but i prefered the old one.