new Arghoslent album

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
So, I just got it this weekend. I'd say it's great, but I still like Incorrigible Bigotry a little bit better. The riffs on IB are more memorable, while the new one (Hornets of the Pogrom) is slightly more technical/complex and also maybe a bit faster overall. But this just my impression after two listens. Maybe I will grow to like it more than IB. Who else here has heard it? What do you think?

Not as good as IB but fairly good. The riffs and melodies on IB are far more intricately woven together, but on Hornets the drums sound better and the guitars are overall heavier.

I'm really liking this, though I don't exactly know what is making me enjoy it like I am. Something about the really catchy and intense riffs that have a strange, almost twisted sense of melody is really making me enjoy this.

Not as good as IB but fairly good. The riffs and melodies on IB are far more intricately woven together, but on Hornets the drums sound better and the guitars are overall heavier.
You think so? I find that the riffs on IB are more simple, and that HotP is definitely more technical and complex. But as I said, I find that the riffs on IB are catchier and more memorable. It's still a great CD, and would a an absolutely killer CD coming from most other death metal bands. However, I have only listened to it twice in its entirety. And it may be one of those albums that your first grow to love after repeated listens. In fact, many great albums are like that (Deathcult for Eternity and Nespithe come to mind).

You think so? I find that the riffs on IB are more simple, and that HotP is definitely more technical and complex. But as I said, I find that the riffs on IB are catchier and more memorable. It's still a great CD, and would a an absolutely killer CD coming from most other death metal bands. However, I have only listened to it twice in its entirety. And it may be one of those albums that your first grow to love after repeated listens. In fact, many great albums are like that (Deathcult for Eternity and Nespithe come to mind).
This

I've also listened twice, and I have the same opinion. I really like it, but so far not quite as good as IB. I find it more technical than IB as well.

Agree with Life Sucks. The melody on IB was almost too much at times. This one is more intricate and will grow, maybe to be my favourite of theirs. However, I found the vocalist slightly weaker and some parts of the album were not that great.

I know its too early to call, but... album of the year. I doubt anything else will match up to the imaginative riff-craft on display here.

All the tracks are killer, but the re-recorded Nubian Archer and instrumental title track are tied for best track on the album, I think.... both have fabulous compositions. I think this one is tied with Galloping Through the Battle Ruins as the overall best Arghoslent work.

Also, Swill of the Knaves is one of the most unique tracks they've ever done. Dissonance and deliberate drum-work used to great effect.

New Arghoslent album is fantastic. It is better than IB, and for people saying that it's not you need to give it a few more spins. It's fucking 100% consistent all the way through, even the vocalist is better. Swill of the Knaves is my favorite track on it, also the S/T is excellent. This is going to be the best death metal album you will hear all year.