new Arghoslent album

As I predicted, I'm starting to like it more. I listened two it twice today. I don't know if I'll end up liking it better than Incorrigible Bigotry, though. That album blew me away upon first listen.

Arghoslent are no strangers to using incongruously "heavy metal" sounding riffs in the context of their brand of death metal.

Only on track 3 but I am already liking it much more than IB. Less lame blatant melodicism than before; their approach, melodically at least, seems to be much more subtle.

Subject matter and ideologies aside, I decided to check out the album just to see what all of the fucking fuss was about. Although Hornets of the Pogrom contains a well amount of good riffs here and there, there's not necessarily enough variation in between them in the songs to hold up interest. All in all, the album's not really anything to go absolutely berserk about unless you're probably a fan of the band.

I like this album more than GttBR already. Maybe I'll wind up liking it even more than IB. It is still very melodic, but not as blatantly melodic as IB, where the obvious melody reaches out and grabs you the first time you hear it. I am thinking that this will be my album of the year, though I'm still waiting to hear the new Mourning Beloveth (another favorite band of mine) when it comes out.