Arghoslent Thread

Thoth-Amon

Hypochondriac
Apr 4, 2006
So I just picked up Galloping through the Battleruins... OMFG! This album is utterly fantastic. Non-stop killer riffs. I've had Incorrigible Bigotry for some time and loved it also. So I plan on picking up Arsenal of Glory and Hornets of the Pogrom ASAP. What are your thoughts on this original and awesome band? Best DM band of the last ten years?

If I wanted to listen to trad metal, I'd listen to Judas Priest, Angel Witch, or Iron Maiden.

Seriously; I have never understood the appeal behind this band, and it's not for lack of trying (I blind bought Incorrigible Bigotry). It's almost an exact cross between "Sad Wings of Destiny" and "Killers", except instead of being energetic and... dare I say... fun, it's like a Hollywood epic that takes itself far too seriously and ends up being damn boring int he process.

I sent you Hornets of the Pogrom Sean...

Speaking of that album though, I thought it was shit when I first listened to it, and I still think it's shit. Arguably one of the most boring and bland death metal albums I've ever listened to. I can't comment on the rest of their discography, but I noticed a lot of fans claiming Hornets was "kickass." Since I can't stand that album, I highly doubt I'll even try listening to the rest of their output.

Seriously; I have never understood the appeal behind this band, and it's not for lack of trying (I blind bought Incorrigible Bigotry). It's almost an exact cross between "Sad Wings of Destiny" and "Killers", except instead of being energetic and... dare I say... fun, it's like a Hollywood epic that takes itself far too seriously and ends up being damn boring int he process.

Well, OK I can respect this opinion but I do find it pretty fun, and there are some damn epic sections on the album ("The Purging Fires Of War" and the title track are ridiculously good).

I sent you Hornets of the Pogrom Sean...

Speaking of that album though, I thought it was shit when I first listened to it, and I still think it's shit. Arguably one of the most boring and bland death metal albums I've ever listened to. I can't comment on the rest of their discography, but I noticed a lot of fans claiming Hornets was "kickass." Since I can't stand that album, I highly doubt I'll even try listening to the rest of their output.

you sent me one track... i can't judge an album on one track... considering how awesome the first two albums were and how high the reviews for Hornets is I'm willing to bet that it's actually pretty good.

you sent me one track... i can't judge an album on one track... considering how awesome the first two albums were and how high the reviews for Hornets is I'm willing to bet that it's actually pretty good.

If you like Arghoslent's previous work, there's no reason why you would dislike their latest album. I think it's not as good as what they have done previously, but it's still a pretty enjoyable album and their style really hasn't changed much...

Are they?

Yup.

Is that Sad Wings of Destiny/Killers mix an accurate statement? Cause, wow!

Stylistically it's not far off, but quality-wise, no.

moron imo

Well, come on, whether you like their tunes or not, Arghoslent are undeniably racists, which as far as I'm concerned makes them fucktards. (Admittedly I don't know if they're actually as ignorant as they portray themselves, or if they just think it's cute or something, but either way, it's in very poor taste). If I want to hear right-wing spume like that I can turn on Fox.

Annnnnyway, lyrics aside, I find Arghoslent to be pretty middle-of-the-road, but they do have a unique sound (or a uniquely old-school sound anyway), which is commendable.

No it doesn't.

Sure does.

Well, come on, whether you like their tunes or not, Arghoslent are undeniably racists, which as far as I'm concerned makes them fucktards. (Admittedly I don't know if they're actually as ignorant as they portray themselves, or if they just think it's cute or something, but either way, it's in very poor taste). If I want to hear right-wing spume like that I can turn on Fox.

Agreed.