The Weakest Link... Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry : Round II

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Um...what. Yes they are. I can't think of a death metal band that combines early NWOBHM riffing exactly like they do, and to such a fantastically awesome extent. Sorry, you're fucking wrong. Take your gay "racist card" drivel out of here.

nah. theyre racist and its probably why you like them. admit it.

and i didnt say they were shit...theyre just not worth the hype that everyone has for them, in my opinion. who cares if they write decent riffs? there's more to metal than that, wouldnt you say?

I'm listening to one of their songs for the first time right now.

a lot better than nevermore

Devy_Metal said:
yea, i dont see the hype either. i think its because theyre racist with controversial lyrics that people praise them. it's pretty trendy in metal to like a band if theyre controversial. musically, theyre nothing special whatsoever.

dude theres like a million racist bands so obviously something makes this one special

Devy_Metal said:
yea, i dont see the hype either. i think its because theyre racist with controversial lyrics that people praise them. it's pretty trendy in metal to like a band if theyre controversial. musically, theyre nothing special whatsoever.

You're a moron. They're riffing kings.

Devy_Metal said:
nah. theyre racist and its probably why you like them. admit it.

and i didnt say they were shit...theyre just not worth the hype that everyone has for them, in my opinion. who cares if they write decent riffs? there's more to metal than that, wouldnt you say?

UndyingDarkness said:
You're a moron. They're riffing kings.

Yea plus, their songs have such an epic atmosphere to them not found in so many other American death bands.

Plus, if anything, I also praise them for their lyrical content because of their detailed articulation (and the imagery that results from such detail), not because they raise controversy. Here's a snippet of lyrics from one of their songs:

"Subversion of the wild and
Wicked ways of the untamed
Legendary providence of breeding warriors
Chests bedecked in metals
Looted from savage lands
Our eyes squint; we sail into the sun"

retarded beliefs expressed with big words are still retarded beliefs and shouldnt be respected

Spectacular Views said:
retarded beliefs expressed with big words are still retarded beliefs and shouldnt be respected

Well, you still have to admit its certainly better than the traditional way of expressing hateful beliefs. There's a huge difference between Arghoslent lyrics and Screwdriver lyrics.

Additionally, contrary to popular belief, Arghoslent's lyrics don't revolve around racism.... they focus alot on conflict/war/conquests and the darker side of history that results from such events... look at the lyrics to 'Transpolar Combat', 'Heirs to Perdition', 'The Banner of Castille', etc. The lyrics are so much interesting than a simplistic 'fuck you sub-humans' ideology, it isn't just a 'look how many big words we can use' exercise either.