"Genious"

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
yeah, so ive been listening to BWP for what? four years now? Every time i listened to Bleak, I would think, "that's funny how mike can change his voice like that. neat." Well, I was just listening to it on headphones and the strange idea just occured to me that the vocals are not actually mike - they're Steve Wilson's.
My excuse is that I haven't listened to Bleak since I started listening to PT a couple months ago and thus never really knew what SW sounded like.
so here's to: listening to one of your favorite songs for four years and not realizing there's a guest vocalist.
*raises can o' beer*

oh wow, and i thought the thread was going to be about how you hate when people spell "genius" as genious. damn i'm disappointed jon.

edit: i thought it was mike for a long time too, until someone on here mentioned something about SW singing on it :lol:

haha! i put "genious" in quotes because i was quoting the genius that spelled it "genious", geniuses.
oh, and yeah, D1, i do hate it, but i thought moonie would delete a thread based on such.

dorian gray said:
haha! i put "genious" in quotes because i was quoting the genius that spelled it "genious", geniuses.
oh, and yeah, D1, i do hate it, but i thought moonie would delete a thread based on such.

How ingenious

How does Mike sing the chorus live then, I guess he just does his best SW impression

He just sings it like Mike............. Steve also plays the solo.

I heard Bleack live, I wasnt impressed by i guess it would be different if i was at the show and not listening to it on my computer.

Bleak is one of Opeth's best.