German Thread

There's the WET (Wochendticket). You pay 30€ and you and four friends can travel by train through Germany one saturday or sunday. Bad news are that you aren't allowed to go by the faster ICE and IC trains.

Fuck me, I better start saving up already :lol:

Is it the same in Austria??

Depending on how long you stay: GET A OEBB "VROTEILSCARD"! You save 50% for every train ticket you buy in/for Austria for a whole year and all this for 20€ once!

If you are interested in getting one, let me know via pm and I'll order one for you beforehand because it will take about 4 weeks to get it delivered.

Wusste net, dass man den gleichen Fehler auch andersrum machen kann:D

I like this website very much.This is really a extraordinary web.This is not like other money directed web, the info here is truly useful. I am definitely bookmarking it as well as sharing it with my friends.

Fuck me, I better start saving up already :lol:

Is it the same in Austria??

Btw, something you might want to go to is the north of Germany because only there you will witness the word NOB on the side of the train.

Actually the north is semi depressing so I did the job for you and got you a picture from my travels...

n664858928_968658_8981.jpg

:p

Oh, and another thing that makes me laugh about Germany is this sign post.

n664858928_968657_8721.jpg

"Please do not dance on the platform." Wtf.
"In the event of committing suicide, jumping onto the platform is forbidden (IST VERBOTTEN JA?)"

I like this website very much.This is really a extraordinary web.This is not like other money directed web, the info here is truly useful. I am definitely bookmarking it as well as sharing it with my friends.

Cool, Michael, haste mal Zeit zum Treffen? Klingst nach nem interessanten Typen.

There's the WET (Wochendticket). You pay 30€ and you and four friends can travel by train through Germany one saturday or sunday. Bad news are that you aren't allowed to go by the faster ICE and IC trains.

So for the 4 days I'm gonna go there it's just gonna be damn expensive? I wasn't planing on a lot of traveling as I have stuff to see in Düsseldorf, but I was planing on a bit of traveling around the zone.

Depending on how long you stay: GET A OEBB "VROTEILSCARD"! Xou save 50% for every train you buy in/for Austria for a whole year and all this for 20€ once!

If you are interested in getting one, let me know via pm and I'll order one for you beforehand because it will take about 4 weeks to get it delivered.

Thanks!

Btw, something you might want to go to is the north of Germany because only there you will witness the word NOB on the side of the train.

Actually the north is semi depressing so I did the job for you and got you a picture from my travels...

*NOB*

:p

Oh, and another thing that makes me laugh about Germany is this sign post.

*DANCE*

"Please do not dance on the platform." Wtf.
"In the event of committing suicide, jumping onto the platform is forbidden (IST VERBOTTEN JA?)"

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks!

So for the 4 days I'm gonna go there it's just gonna be damn expensive? I wasn't planing on a lot of traveling as I have stuff to see in Düsseldorf, but I was planing on a bit of traveling around the zone.
Not if you get the right tickets for what you´re planning to do. Düsseldorf offers a "Welcome Card" with transportation included in the city area. Depending on where you want to go outside the city, there are many different possibilities to get a ticket. The more you know what other city/stuff you want to see, the more one can say which ticket you should get.

Ok, I'll check tomorrow with my friends and my german teacher (she's from the area, but can't remember the name of the exact village) who is kinda giving me a couple hints on things we could go and see.

Whoa, I miss this thread, even though I don't understand the majority of it.

So my german teacher's kinda old, and hasn't lived in germany for many years. And she isn't sure how you would put the verbs "to snowboard" or "to wakeboard" in the past tense. Anyone want to help out my whole class? 'Cause we pretty much all snowboard, haha. We're only doing perfect past stuff right now...