Get better sound from my amp + impulse ?

I'm not a gutarist, but I fiddle around alot with guitar sounds with what little I have, and my stuff is all digital so it's happening in the box but since you have a real amp, but you wanna run impulses I'd say.... lower the gain on your amp first. I think there's too much distortion going on, it's kinda messy. I personally don't like keFIR that much, I think I "caught" it once when it really added some strange noise to the guitar sound. I'm actually running Revalver mkIII demo, and I think the impulse loader there is working just alright (though, I turn down the speaker distortion and crap they've added in).

Also, I could never get a good sound with my old pickup, which was a stock pickup that came with the guitar... an ESP-EMG, lol. It was pure crap :) I bought an EMG81 and BAM... the sound was like... well fuck, I wish there were EMG81 drum heads for my drum kit haha. So what pickup do you own?

Use Voxengo Boogex or SIR2, I a/b tested all the loaders I could get my hands on, those 2 sounded the best by far.

Also, are you using a power amp sim? That really me.