get ready

I kinda agree, although I never thought Jeff was an egomaniac at all. However, I don't know the guy and I really don't know what kind of relationship he has with WD. That's what's fun about speculating, hehehe.

I have to be honest, however. I don't really see Jeff as the engine in the band anymore...I've always looked at WD as the one who keeps it all together. After EoR, my view changed about the band...it kinda felt like the focus was wavering and that aside from a few songs, the albums just weren't holding up like they used to. The guitars honestly for me got a little stale in the last couple of albums...it seemed a bit like less was written for the songs and more was written for the solos.

In any case I hope no one is leaving, but if someone does, I'm sure it will be for the best.

Yea I know what you mean. I was hesitant to say Jeff is the engine but I still stick to it. WD is obviously right up there but even he recently said that NM is a 'guitar band' firstly. I agree with that. I also agree about the guitars on the last few albums. They're still fucking awesome, especially TGE, but something indeed was missing. Nevermore is at its best when Jeff has someone to work with. The guitars on DMB work together to create a haunting, eerie and portentous affect. Never really heard anything like that album. I miss that shit.

Hey everyone, I am sad to report that Nevermore has mutated into a dubstep based elctrorock band.

wait, was this news officially released?
Not sure if it official but:

Nevermore guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released a joint statement:

"In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

.Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band's first album, 1995's self titled,
NEVERMORE recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

This sucks da Kack

I haven't posted here in forever, but I've been watching this development with increasing anxiety. In fact, after reading this thread my palms are sweating and my heart is pounding. Some may think it's not all that serious, but music is very serious to me... And Nevermore happens to be my favorite band for the last few years now. I really hope that you guys (the band) work out your current issues. Please remember that although spending so much time with other people will eventually create tension, you guys are still brothers who have shared memories and experiences that others will never, ever understand. Remember too that rarely, if ever, successful (maybe even legedary) bands breakup and the members go on to be successful in other musical ventures. Honestly, I can only think of a few. If it's been so long that you've forgotten, finding other musicians to jam with is easy... The hard part is finding the musical and spiritual connection with others necessary to make the dots connect cohesively and convince your audience that you are one. Take a hiatus, do other shit, and spend some time apart and away from music. Hopefully, you'll start to miss each other and realize that together you all created something very special that should not end prematurely. Nearly all people in the spotlight are egomaniacs to some degree, so with that in mind, don't let egos get in the way. To WD or any other guys from the band that may read this, if you remember me then you know that I'm not the average fan or listener and I speak from personal knowledge and experience. This is a lesson learned the hard way by most... I feel compelled to make a statement in hopes that it will provoke some consideration beyond immediate emotional reaction.

Work it out dudes! If I don't get to hear "Moonrise" live, I'm libel to commit hara kiri. And you don't want that on your conscious now, do you? :)

Capitalize on this and have the whole band go on Maury to work out their problems. That would be a pop culture phenomenon.