GET STONED THIS SUMMER!

Fucking Europe...

Europe gets everything, Wacken, great European bands doing more tours there (CoB, Behemoth, AA, Arch Enemy, etc) and even great American bands doing more tours there (Metallica, Kataklysm, etc.).

And us Aussies are left with what's left over after those bands have already toured Europe and the states...

Fucking Europe...

Europe gets everything, Wacken, great European bands doing more tours there (CoB, Behemoth, AA, Arch Enemy, etc) and even great American bands doing more tours there (Metallica, Kataklysm, etc.).

And us Aussies are left with what's left over after those bands have already toured Europe and the states...
Well I know your pain but Austrailia is a bad location to live for those things.Nobody really wants to go all that way.

No niin, Stone olkaatte niin hyvät :)

Translation to Stone interview Celeb posted to Finnish section.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Max Stage On the Road - Sauna Open Air – Stone

Interviewer: We are once again at the backstage of Sauna Open Air and I have here Stone, Janne and Roope welcome.
Roope: Thanks!
Janne: Thanks!
Interviewer: What are your topmost feelings after gig?
Janne: Tired but happy.
Roope: Yeah.
Interview: Were you nervous before the gig?
Janne: Yes, at least I was.
Roope: Yes, about half an hour before the gig I started to be nervous.
Janne: But you need to be little bit nervous before, it’s good even in those basic gigs, it gives a little bit edge.
Interviewer: How crowd welcomed you?
Roope: Crowd was too good….
Janne: Yeah, it felt like…
Roope: …unbelievably good…
Janne: It was so great to see that young people are digging us so much. It was slightly “what the fuck” feeling. They weren’t even born when we were active. But of course it is flattering and in the heavy music there aren’t such strong trends. Same way we were listening to Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin kids has found in addition to Metallica also old Finnish metal.
Roope: Amazing Internet era, word spreads and people find all different kinds of things from there…
Interview: Did you need to rehears a lot?
Roope: Not that much.
Interview: You are not playing together that often anymore.
Janne: We started at the March before Roope went off to tour with Bodom. And couple of weeks ago we started to rehears more intensively, but it was surprisingly painless, hands just found the right places, so it was really easy which is if course fucking nice.
Roope: As you sow, so shall you reap.
Janne: When you have learned something really well you’ll remember it. It’s like riding a bike.

Janne at the stage: SAUNA! Fucking awesome. There are lots of you and it looks great!

Interviewer: Why are you doing there reunion gigs? Is it because crowd wants to see you or what?
Janne: This time…
Roope: This success came out of nowhere; I wouldn’t have believed it before hand.
Janne: …it is 20 years since first album so it was easy and simple thing to do a reunion gig. Every year some one asks us to play somewhere but we don’t want to go every fucking party to play. But now there was good reason to do this. I mean of course, it’s fun to play here.
Roope: <mumbling>
Interviewer: You are both playing in successful bands at the moment, do you ever have such feeling that Stone should be back together? Ditch out Bodom and Suburban tribe?
Janne: We are looking ahead, not behind. Point is that we have never had bad feelings about playing in the Stone so it’s easy to do these reunion gigs. I found it hard to believe that we would start recording new album and forget current bands.
Roope: There are priorities, things that we have been building up and we continue those but this is positive surprise.

Interviewer: You collection album was remastered, right?
Janne: Yes, no there is new cover art compared to previous collection album that is same album. Old album art was quite awful so when they told that they are going to republish it I wanted to change at least the cover art.
Roope: I didn’t know anything about it I just got it in the mail and thought that fucking cool cover art, this is how it should have been already earlier…silver or iron logo.

Dude #1: I would like to ask from Stone has crowd changed during last twenty years?
Janne: Well we have gotten older…but it was also fun to notice that those old dudes where still there.
Roope: When I was watching the crowd today I saw lot of same faces than back then. They came to refresh old memories. And then there was lot of new dudes.
Janne: It was most surprising to me that those kids were really into us. I have no idea what kind of fans we have nowadays. I’m sure that Bodom is large factor, people check out Roope’s old band and so on.

Dude #2: When Stone learned to drink Magyar?
Roope: What?
Interviewer: Magyar
Janne: Maguaaria!
Roope: it’s Maguaaria…
Interviewer: Maguaaria.
Roope: Hungarian white wine, medium dry.
Interviewer: Tasteful drink.
Roope: Learned? Well we learned to drink it quite well back then. We bought it for every gig, we had brief case that hold two bottles of Magyar and bottle of booze and maybe something else. Two bottles of Magyar was must. Yes we have learned to drink it and are quite good at it.
Janne: When it happened? It was end of 80s. Thinking of it now it was really laughable; we were drinking white wine from the bottle at the stage.
Interviewer: Is it sweet or what?
Janne: It’s medium dry. Or was it dry, I can’t remember. Not sweet anyway.
Interviewer: Do you think it’s still available?
Roope: It was cheap so it was good.
Janne: Sure you can still get it. But because of the old memories I haven’t touched to white wine in years.
Roope: Yeah, it’s quite awful…

Dude #3: Why Jiri Jalkanen was fired?
Roope: I’m not really comfortable to talk about those old things…
Interviewer: But some people want to know.
Roope: He didn’t want to practice. We wanted to do more complicated songs but he didn’t want to practice so…that was it.
Janne: It’s those priorities. Every one is drinking and that’s not the issue, but you have to practice.
Roope: …and it’s not because of the couple practices.
Interviewer: Every one should put same amount of effort to the band?
Janne: Exactly…
Roope: …something more important to do.

Dude #4: Are you going to play more gigs in the future? I hope you will.
Janne: We have that…
Roope: We broke the ice so…
Janne: …that Jurassic Rock in the August. After that we will see, Bodom will be touring so much that I think it’s it for a while.
Roope: It might be, but it’s nice to play so…
Janne: Never say never.

Dude #5: Do you still drink Magyar as much as you did earlier?
Janne: No, I haven’t been drinking Magyar anymore.
Interviewer: What has replaced Magyar?
Roope: White Russians.
Janne: I won’t drink those. I have lactose problem.
Roope: That white things is there just to give some color.

Janne: Play Real Delusions. It was directed by Kaurismäki brothers and it’s important to notice that it was a short movie, not a music video.
Roope: I just have to mention that it was played at the movie theaters before the movie of the night.
Janne: Yeah.
Roope: It was great.

Couple of pictures from Jurassic Rock that I found from Internet:

stone.jpg

stone4.jpg

stone5.jpg

stone7.jpg

I REALLY REALLY want them to make another album or more than anything tour closer, maybe in the states. I'd definitely fly somewhere just to see them. Finland is too far and too much though. :erk:

THANK YOU very much for the youtube vids, GREAT interview, and INSANELY amazing shots... especially the first one of Roope. If anyone has a GOOD bootleg of that show they should upload or at least tell of where to find it. Stone is the absolute greatest. I hope there is more to come! :kickass:

Let's all ask him for a new Stone album if we see him at the gigs :kickass: :lol: I doubt it'd have any real effect, but I supose that Roope'll be proud if he sees that people actually does know who Stone are/were.

BTW thanks a lot Miia!

STONEAGE 2.0

Anyone else seen this? It's the new "best of" album that came out some time this year and it's only worth mentioning because it has a bonus track "Symptom Of The Universe" which happens to be maybe my favourite black sabbath track. I heard a 30 seconded sample of it and it's good. I really want this album JUST for this track. Hard to find it decently priced right now on any web store that'll ship to the states.

EDIT: Just bought it anyway for 16.50 Euro's (25 USD) Not that bad... considering some guy wanted almost 40.00 USD on ebay. Got it at Levykauppa Äx. Thanks Matias!