Getting drunk in Göteborg eller Stockholm (18 years old and over)

I know it can be really hard to get used to exchange rates. Crowns to dollars is usually quite easy since the exchange rates until recently was 1 USD = almost 10 crowns. But when I was in Nicaragua the rate were 1 crown = about 0.4 córdoba. And that made it difficult enough when counting on prices in the store, but when I were at the bank to exchange dollars to córdobas and wanted to know how much the córdobas I had in my hand was worth in crowns, then I got really confused. o_O

i'm hugging legende too, because he's right about alcohol and sweden and goteborg.
i really don't understand what northern lights is trying to say though... isn't that the purpose of going anywhere? getting drunk and feel sick? :err:

@rahvin: well, I kind of like to look at pretty monuments and pretty parks and walk into pretty shops and get lost in more or less pretty streets and sort of take in the atmosphere of a place, but maybe I'm just weird ;)

Northern Lights said:
@rahvin: well, I kind of like to look at pretty monuments and pretty parks and walk into pretty shops and get lost in more or less pretty streets and sort of take in the atmosphere of a place, but maybe I'm just weird ;)
well, i like doing all these things too, so what if upside down and when i'm shitfaced!

btw, read the feelings thread and give me instructions on how to get there and walk down pretty streets while obnoxoiusly drunk. if you're in the area you can look at pretty monuments in the meanwhile. :p

Sticky fingers is more like a basic rock club. They've got some decent gigs there every now and then but it's, from what I've heard, more a place where all the cool kids go when they want to feel wild and alternative. However, I'm sure you'll always find some dude there in some corner trying to look misantrophic while he really just wants to get laid. But overall, I think there's a pretty mixed crowd there.

Other than that, there's Belsepub at Kompaniet, Club Nocturnal at Cronan, Metalterrassen at Henriksberg - and Rockbaren of course as you already know...

However, those are all just sort of theme nights on normal clubs, arranged at a pretty irregular schedule so it's kind of hard to say if it's worth going somewhere depending on the day you're in town. I mean, I'd rather sell my total collection of records than walk in on Kompaniet on a Thursday when they've got some kind of synth theme going on there. I think Belsepub has got fridays the first and third week in every month or something like that, Club Nocturnal is usually on Saturdays but they've got more off-seasons. Metalterrassen is arranged like, once every month, I've never been there and I can't until like, 2005 due to the age limits they've got there (20).

But hey, that's just if you want metal in your ears while you're getting drunk so to speak. Uhm, guess you could go out anyday on a normal club with normal people who are nice and all that but I can't really see the point in that. Anyway, as you apparently can read swedish, I'd recommend you to check out www.MetalGBG.com to get the latest info about what's happening in Gothenburg when it comes to gigs and such.

Legende said:
Why? I'm not the one who got screwed $22
That's still no reason to pass up the offer of a hug from Urralla you nutter! :loco:

But while we're on the subject, I'm planning on hitting sweden for a week or two sometime in June depending on what gigs are on when and where, so I guess this little diatribe might just came in handy. Ta. ;)