"Gettysburg (1863)" Trilogy

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
There are going to be some awesome songs on THE GLORIOUS BURDEN.

Some we've heard, some we haven't.

But the highlight of this Iced Earth CD may very well be the trilogy "Gettysburg (1863)"

Do you guys have high expectations for this monster? Three songs, clocking in at about 10 minutes EACH, "The Devil to Pay", "Hold at all Costs", and "High Water Mark." With the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra giving some extra muscle. Lengthwise, it DESTROYS the Something Wicked and Scarred Trilogys. And may just be more epic than the masterpiece, "Dante's Inferno." I can only imagine...

I hope the Ripper can pull it off, but I don´t think he can follow Matt´s footsteps...
nevertheless it will most definately be cool

From what I hear it will be very heavy, and will most likely blow all of the other trilogies away. I just wish that Matt was doing it, but I guess I'll hope for the best with Owens.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
There are going to be some awesome songs on THE GLORIOUS BURDEN.

Some we've heard, some we haven't.

But the highlight of this Iced Earth CD may very well be the trilogy "Gettysburg (1863)"

Do you guys have high expectations for this monster? Three songs, clocking in at about 10 minutes EACH, "The Devil to Pay", "Hold at all Costs", and "High Water Mark." With the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra giving some extra muscle. Lengthwise, it DESTROYS the Something Wicked and Scarred Trilogys. And may just be more epic than the masterpiece, "Dante's Inferno." I can only imagine...
Achilles by Manowar is like 30 minutes and its a halfhour long piece of shit.
It may be longer than Wicked and Scarred but dunno if it will be better. Once bands start using orchestras and what not they tend to rely on that too much and not the guitar playing. So we shall see.

Besides. Its not about how long your trilogy is. Its how big your dick is. :)

Can't imagine another Dante's Inferno at least...Jon isn't pissed off enough to write lyrics like that,and I think so for the music too...

Hopefully it'll just be good on its own. It'll be pretty different than the The Suffering or Something Wicked trilogies at least.

I hate how IE make all their epics separate songs. Geez...grow some nuts and make a continuous track, for pete's sake. If you don't have the compositional skills to keep our attention for the duration, don't write the friggin' epic!

anonymousnick2001 said:
I hate how IE make all their epics separate songs. Geez...grow some nuts and make a continuous track, for pete's sake. If you don't have the compositional skills to keep our attention for the duration, don't write the friggin' epic!
Dante's Inferno was an epic and it was all one song.

anonymousdick2001, ok dude let's here your epic along with your compositional skills. And I don't want to here it's my opinion bla,bla,bla. Grow some nuts and back up your whiny post.

I like how he breaks the trilogies up. He couldn't do it with Dante's Inferno because the chapters were too short but there are some parts of the trilogies I like better than others and I reserve my right to skip ahead.

BTW, whistle is wet and I can't wait for the new stuff!

Personally, I think it will be hard to top the Something Wicked Trilogy...

You guys are arguing for no reason. After all, an epic is one long song. A Trilogy has 3 parts. If the trilogy is made up of 3 epic songs, so be it.

Rottuated said:
Dante's Inferno was an epic and it was all one song.
And Dante's Inferno owns...

icedsymphony said:
anonymousdick2001, ok dude let's here your epic along with your compositional skills. And I don't want to here it's my opinion bla,bla,bla. Grow some nuts and back up your whiny post.
How? By giving it to you up the butt?