GH: Metallica

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
So I finally ordered this because I found that if you buy it from RedOctane right now, you get the secondary kick pedal and the splitter with the game for $59.99. Amazon and everywhere else is selling the game for that much without these essentials, so you basically save like $20 which is the cost of the secondary pedal and splitter by themselves. Basically getting them for free. I know Paul has played this game at least once, heheh... I am excited to try it out, and see if I can even comprehend this Expert+ drum difficulty. And of course all the guitar heroes in the future are going to use the double pedal. Smash hits, GH5, Van Halen, etc.

Well I kinda wanted to talk about the game to anyone who has it and plays it, and maybe just let you know I'm going to have it so we could "rock out" together at some point. I can't wait to try Slayer on expert+ drums. I'll probably make it through 3% of the song.

Also while we're on the subject of music games, I heard someone created a Guitar Hero Metal Edition. Now before you get excited, you can't have it. It's a hack that you have to play on a modded PS2. But it is very thorough and has a full metal tracklist. I think I joked at Paul at least once saying they should make a Guitar Hero: Novembers Doom. Things like this metal mod are getting more popular and it's only a matter of time until I think a band like ND has the chance to get into a guitar hero. They (GH and Rock Band) already have Darkest Hour, Children of Bodom, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me... I mean at least it looks like it is getting close. How long will it be until the final gig has an Opeth song in it, and each venue has a different extreme metal band in it?

Oh and I completely forgot, they had like the All That Remains track pack, and At The Gates, and others on Rock Band I think. I think if there was an ND track pack, people would buy it. I think more people who are into metal or are musicians are playing the GH games... Well I didn't initially mean for this to turn into a rant but if you agree or have your own view on this, feel free to opine.

I have can play all the song in guitar hero metallica on expert + ececpt War ensamble, dyers eve, and beutifull mourning.

I doubt that would work, if you could upload any band you want from a CD, they wouldn't make money off of it... unless they charged some kind of fee for that... I don't think that would work out. :p What do you have to do to get your master tracks into a music game anyway? Most bands or labels probably have the master tracks for the CDs they release but there's more to it than that... I wonder if it has something to do with the company's choices of who they want to feature or if labels pay good money to get their bands on this stuff

Guitar Hero Metallica is fun, though I only got to play around on it with drums for a couple drunken nights with a friend who has the drum set. The drums were a whole new world for me so I only played them on normal. My hand/arm ached like all hell after our marathon though.

The rest of the game is pretty solid as well. They did stick to more of the older tunes, thank god. Though one from St. Anger somehow mangaged to slip on there...

Fran tic tic tic tic tic tic toc you mean? :p

I never listened to St. Anger so I probably won't be that annoyed with it. I heard the snare sounds awesome and brutal though, like a freaking clang, not like most snares. ;)

I think the game should be good, I mean.. they could have easily doubled the setlist, put some more effort into it as far as that is concerned, but it should still be good. I mean GH:WT has 80 some tracks? GH:5 probably will too. Why not this? I'm sure there were more bands that influenced them AND more songs they did that were good.

I think we should petition The End label to release a Novembers Doom track pack for GH... hehe.

I wasn't going to double post but then I did some research about how to submit bands to Rock Band, and then there was this news I saw today:

* Behemoth “Conquer All”
* Black Dahlia Murder “What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse”
* Cannibal Corpse “Hammer Smashed Face”
* God Forbid “Empire of the Gun”
* Job for a Cowboy “Embedded"
* Marilyn Manson “Disposable Teens”
* Slayer “Black Magic”
* Whitechapel “This Is Exile”

If they can have farkin' Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse, they're getting closer, heck, they're in the vicinity of allowing ND into Rock Band...

http://www.rockband.com/request -- but it's up to people like us :)